JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This guy is not a friend of the U.S. IMO. His views on gun rights and energy if followed would spin the world into areal mess real soon. The Progressives are suddenly taking a shine to him though!
Hope he doesn't spout off about guns again in this visit!

http://time.com/3930178/pope-francis-weapons-manufacturers-christian/
saying arms manufacturers who call themselves Christians are hypocrites.

At a rally of thousands in the Italian city of Turin, the Pope said that those who claim to follow the teachings of Christ but also manufacture weapons "leads to a bit of distrust."

His criticism was not limited to the manufacturers, however; Francis also called out investors, saying "duplicity is the currency of today…they say one thing and do another."

I hear the best way to fight global warming is to make a 10000 mile round trip, in so doing produce more CO emissions than most of will in the next 25 years of driving around.. Now that's a hypocrite..........:s0002:

Good thing I'm not Catholic and couldn't give two rubs what he says or "thinks". :rolleyes:

The web says,
The Catholic Church in the United States is part of the worldwide Catholic Church. With 69.4 million members, it is the largest religious body in the United States, comprising 22% of the population.

I know that many of them don't have 10 kids like in the old days so hopefully they will ignore his stupid gun stance too.

We could perhaps learn something about how to look at our elected representatives from how the left acts towards this Pope....
...They (progressives, liberals) embrace the Pope because of his embrace of just some of their shared beliefs (fluid borders, increased dependancy, redistribution of other people's assets)...and will completely ignore the position of his Church on abortion, birth control, gay marriage, women priests, etc....etc...policies that they hate.
What do we do?...
...We attack conservative leaning public figures, representatives and candidates as not conservative enough if they don't like their coffee exactly the way we do....even if they're a strong pro-2nd, pro military, tax reform, constitionalist, we trash them for not being 100% pure, stomp our feet, and threaten to take our ball home or run to a third party to "teach 'em a lesson".

The Democrats will get all buddy-buddy with the Pope to promote the causes they agree with him on, and media coverage will help keep or grow Catholic votes. We'll do our usual, fixate not on what we agree with him on, but on how he's "wrong" about something, and provide the media with negative stories instead of positive ones.

Last Edited:
I think the bigger story hasn't been recognized, the foundation of the world is being shaken and the house may fall. All that will be left is the ruins of what was a civil society.

For those of you who actually believe the bible (let alone know what it says), you know these things will (must need) come to pass and the great betrayer will deceive the whole world.

Relax and let God be God, he wins in the end anyway. You're sitting front-row-center to watch the show.

:s0093: o_O

Im biting my tongue as to not offend any Catholic forum members.

All I'm going to say is, this popes "opinion" of firearms and energy/air conditioning is idiotic and hypocritical.

Do you know how many firearm owners and firearm carriers would give their life to save another? How about all the charity work we are all involved in?
Anyone that takes an anti firearm stance is clearly just a bigot.

Time and time again head church officials and politicians live the life of:
Do as I say not as I do.. Since the begining of time. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Was this Pope preaching ant-gun BS during his Country's part in the "Dirty War"? Who is he to badmouth American Capitalism and gun rights?

From Wikipedia,

Declassified documents of the Chilean secret police cite an official estimate by the Batallón de Inteligencia 601 of 22,000 killed or "disappeared" between 1975 and mid-1978. During this period, it was later revealed that at least 12,000 "disappeared" were detainees held by PEN (Poder Ejecutivo Nacional, anglicized as "National Executive Power"), and kept in clandestine detention camps throughout Argentina before eventually being freed under diplomatic pressure.[25] The number of people believed to have been killed or "disappeared," depending on the source, range from 7,158[12] to 30,000 in the period from 1976 to 1983, when the military was forced from power following Argentina's defeat in the Falklands War.[26][27] In 2003, The National Commission on the Disappearance of Persons claimed the true number of disappeared to be around 13,000.[28]

And here is a good reason why we should all trust, and care about the Vatican's opinion on anything, including guns/firearms. The following are all names given to the position of pope by the roman church.

666-TABLE.JPG

Last Edited:
At a rally of thousands in the Italian city of Turin, the Pope said that those who claim to follow the teachings of Christ but also manufacture weapons "leads to a bit of distrust.

Pope John Paul admitted; "For teaching faith contrary to the teaching of the Church of Rome, history records the martyrdom of more than 100 million people" (Between 538AD and 1798AD)
– Brief Bible Reading p.16

I heard on the radio yesterday that the Pope wants people to send in jokes, seriously I heard it while driving back from Bend yesterday.

I thought about sending this one....

Why did Popeye punch the Pope in the face? Because he went to Mt. Olive.

:s0140:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top