JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMO - they should be selling Kershaws cheap but useful knives or something similar - they have blowout sales that could be bought in bulk and still sold for a profit at under market value prices.

I'd buy an extra pocket knife over a candy bar.
Yeah it kind of lasts longer. Lol.

When I worked for a jerky/sausage company we had a management meeting on the fundraiser product line (jerky and sausage). The scouts decided there wasn't enough profit margin as the packaging was pre-marked for $1 ea. Needless to say they had plenty, unless more than doubling your money doesn't cover your free labor cost selling it.
With the popcorn the troop gets 73% of the sale. The popcorn is quite good. The money goes to par for the kids camp. In our case about 10% of our kids get a free summer camp because we have a few kids that need the help

Was sort of hoping someone would come and chew the fat.

With the popcorn the troop gets 73% of the sale. The popcorn is quite good. The money goes to par for the kids camp. In our case about 10% of our kids get a free summer camp because we have a few kids that need the help

Was sort of hoping someone would come and chew the fat.

That's a great deal:cool:.

I was in scouts for some time and there were lots of kids that paid for summer camp doing stuff like that - we did a lot of Christmas tree sales.

Good on ya for being there to help out!

I have no problem helping with children's charities, but, as with other charitable fundraisers, the folks making the cookies and marketing the fundraiser get most of the money.

Let's see...25-cents worth of cookies. They sell for 4-bucks. The Scouts get 61-cents. I would much prefer giving the Scouts 4-bucks, and I'll buy my own cookies. The Scouts keep the whole 4-bucks.:D Or, as others have said, and I do this a lot...I ask the Scout which cookies are their favorite. They tell me. I buy the cookies from them, then give the cookies back to them and ask them to eat them for me.

WAYNO.

The Boy Scouts are a much better organization then the Girl Scouts IMO.

They run differently and have different agendas.

Unless massive changes have happened in the last 20 years.

The Boy Scouts are a much better organization then the Girl Scouts IMO.

They run differently and have different agendas.

Unless massive changes have happened in the last 20 years.
Both organization have their place but they are not mirror images. I would love to see an organization like the BSA for girls that got them out into the country and camping and adventuring more. In a way I wish girls could be in the Boy Scouts itself. To the point that they could participate.

I get what everyone says about donating. It's an ask. The cookies and corn keep us visible more than anything else. There are many causes that legitimately need money so staying visible is what we can do so people don't forget us.

Both organization have their place but they are not mirror images. I would love to see an organization like the BSA for girls that got them out into the country and camping and adventuring more. In a way I wish girls could be in the Boy Scouts itself. To the point that they could participate.

I get what everyone says about donating. It's an ask. The cookies and corn keep us visible more than anything else. There are many causes that legitimately need money so staying visible is what we can do so people don't forget us.

Well said:cool:.

My wife did Girl Scouts for 2 years as a leader with her friend as co leader, who was very outdoorsy, but the most outdoor thing they were allowed to do was a sleepover at a log cabin with all of the amenities :confused:.

Other then that it was arts, crafts and cookie sales...

Maybe a little off topic, But out door school should be a multi year deal for the kiddos, AND should be included in High school as well.

I agree, with others here, I think the Girl scouts should have more outdoor things to experience, and should include things like camp's and Jamboree's
Sales might be a bigger thing for the troups ( counsels) if they can figure out "local" deals that might bring in more much needed funding for events and to help cover the costs of low income folks kids that really need these experiences. Maybe the Local Counsels can broker deals with vender's like the knife makers to help out! Christmas tree lots might be a good investment, as well as tree pick up after the holiday like we did every year!

Done and done. The funds go to an organization that helps young people learn practical skills. Enjoyed some of the popcorn earlier in the week whilst watching a vid and getting the next day's to do lists built.

Ah yes, it's time for the little shake down artists to make their appearance. A couple of my neighbors kids are in Cubs and Scouts. I always buy from both of them. They are really great kids too so that makes it even easier to throw my cash at them. I just ordered a couple or wreaths the other day. Nice way to start the season.

When I was in Cub Scouts in the late 50's-early 60's we sold light bulbs and bar soap. Everyone uses these items.
Now that's something I would definitely buy from them! I'll always buy their popcorn and pretzels but I still have an unopened bag of popcorn from last year. I guess I'd better start poppin' that stuff. Why don't they think practical like that anymore? Lol.

I am a sausage snob. This stuff is sold by the kiddos and have a HUGE following down here. Can't buy it in stores only through the kids. The warden got 3 3 lb. tubes last year and that will be tripled this year it's that good. I didn't get here until late May and it was a month till no mas. Good model for suppliers.
Blue and Gold Sausage Co.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads