JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
its that time of year cub scouts are selling popcorn. If you see any around please try some. It's pretty good and it does help with our camps and activities.

I am out with my boys selling till 1pm here at the beaverton Fred Meyer's. At the grocery entrance.

Come on by if you're around.

Popcorn is a little spendy but good and for a good cause.

When I've had a little extra cash in my pocket I usually just donate the money to the troupe and tell them to keep the product. If they buy a bag/box for themselves that's ok too - Standing outside soliciting is a tough job.

its that time of year cub scouts are selling popcorn. If you see any around please try some. It's pretty good and it does help with our camps and activities.

I am out with my boys selling till 1pm here at the beaverton Fred Meyer's. At the grocery entrance.

Come on by if you're around.

Popcorn is a little spendy but good and for a good cause.
My neighbor buddy's kid shook me down for $65 bucks a couple of days ago. Lol. They're good friends and I always buy what their kids are selling. A little while back they went on a scout trip where they learned to shoot a 22LR. I didn't realize that they still teach that in scouts. Awesome!!

My neighbor buddy's kid shook me down for $65 bucks a couple of days ago. Lol. They're good friends and I always buy what their kids are selling. A little while back they went on a scout trip where they learned to shoot a 22LR. I didn't realize that they still teach that in scouts. Awesome!!

I was at a Bimart a couple years ago at the worst of the .22 shortage and a scout master came in and asked how he could get ahold of 300 rounds in a month or two (I remember it wasn't last min) and the counter guy took his info and told him he would set it aside next time a shipment came in - I was impressed:cool:

Scouts do still teach shooting and are very formal about it. I got yelled at by a 14 year old range master for not asking permission to leave the firing line. I was so proud of that kid.

They also get a lot of 22 ammo direct or through the BSA. I have seen there storage spaces and they have plenty of ammo at the camps. Can't speak for individual troops though.

I was at a Bimart a couple years ago at the worst of the .22 shortage and a scout master came in and asked how he could get ahold of 300 rounds in a month or two (I remember it wasn't last min) and the counter guy took his info and told him he would set it aside next time a shipment came in - I was impressed:cool:
Love the Bi-Mart.

Why do the boy scouts get the shaft in the trest dept?
Girl scouts get crack cookies and boy scouts get crusty pop corn?!

They should sell jerky/pepperoni!

I usually will buy a box of girl scout cookies and usually just donate money to the boy scouts.

I just don't really like popcorn, and they charge a crap load for that popcorn!

I usually will buy a box of girl scout cookies and usually just donate money to the boy scouts.

Haha yeah they do! Dang GS cookies have been getting smaller and smaller every year. I'm thinking that by next year there will only be one cookie per box. Yet they expect us to be ok with that because it's for the Girl Scouts. They claim it's all about manufacturing efficiencies. So how is it then for decades they were doing quite well with the normal quantities and sizes but only recently had to jump on the grocery shrink ray band wagon? Greed. We're getting screwed people, and not in a good way. Lol.

Yup it's the old marketing ploy, get people sucked in and then give them less and charge more

Someone has quite the racket in slave child labor there. Who's making the billions they rake in every year?
Because they still have to pay for all their girl scout stuff.

A couple days ago I had this little Cubby-critter named Benjamin with his mama and dad (a Latino descendent family in fact) come up and knock on the door selling popcorn....

Brave little guy, he stood about mid-height of my thighs, so I knelt down and asked his name (Benjamin) and he showed me is little placard of popcorn photos... I told him he was doing a great job and I was all about what the Scouts do, dropped him a couple $20's and said keep the popcorn to sell at the next house, then gave him a CubScout salute... little guy was tired, and climbed into the wagon they were pulling around... LMAO!

Mama & dad were pretty cool & turns out they all live just down the street (I'm almost never home except to sleep... and work on remodeling the house... I don't get around the neighborhood much, LOL) We've got to invite them to the next backyard BBQ!

When I worked for a jerky/sausage company we had a management meeting on the fundraiser product line (jerky and sausage). The scouts decided there wasn't enough profit margin as the packaging was pre-marked for $1 ea. Needless to say they had plenty, unless more than doubling your money doesn't cover your free labor cost selling it.

When I worked for a jerky/sausage company we had a management meeting on the fundraiser product line (jerky and sausage). The scouts decided there wasn't enough profit margin as the packaging was pre-marked for $1 ea. Needless to say they had plenty, unless more than doubling your money doesn't cover your free labor cost selling it.
I love jerky but it's too dang expensive (yes, I can be a skin flint). I need to get my own cow I think.

I have always been a huge supporter of the Scouts, Both boys and girls! I feel so strongly about what they teach our kids and the "Mission" of giving our kids a good start in life, that I will ALWAYS buy what ever it is they are selling, and I donate what ever I can when ever I can. I got so much from the Scouts, it only makes sense to give back!
Back when I was A Scout, we sold really high end Chocolate bars, $2:00 a shot. They were Local made in Portland down by the Lloyd Center, I don't remember the manufacture, but they were the best Chocolate around! We never had problems selling out and having to go get more! I don't know why they don't do that any more, And like posted above, why not Jerky or Pepperoni, Some manufacture must be able to do something that can help the Scouts, The Girl Scouts have a cookie Manufacture!

I hate to say it but this thread made me realize how little I donate to the Boyscouts over the Girlscouts. It's just the product really. I hate to say it but each year those boys line up outside those stores I complain that they should be selling something else.

This thread gave me the motivation to donate some cash at least.

Sorry all, no popcorn for this thin mints guy!

You know what, I am going to pay a visit to the Scouts Office and see what can be done to help out the Scouts, This saddens me that the Boy Scouts are not getting any thing good to sell, and are having to work too hard to fund there camps and other needs. We are better then this!!! I think it's time some Manufactures do something to help support this effort too!!!

You know what, I am going to pay a visit to the Scouts Office and see what can be done to help out the Scouts, This saddens me that the Boy Scouts are not getting any thing good to sell, and are having to work too hard to fund there camps and other needs. We are better then this!!! I think it's time some Manufactures do something to help support this effort too!!!

IMO - they should be selling Kershaws cheap but useful knives or something similar - they have blowout sales that could be bought in bulk and still sold for a profit at under market value prices.

I'd buy an extra pocket knife over a candy bar.

Outside of Fred Meyer its $20.00/box. I wrote a check to the troop for $10.00. Knowing that they only receive 30% of the sale, I ended up almost doubling there effort while keeping the corporate vendor from exploiting child labor. I do this with all fund drives for the kids. They receive much more this way.

Nice timing. Neighbors kid went around with his wagon making his deliveries. Got my two boxes of pretzel dogs and the cheesecake for the wife. The cheesecake should cover me for the AR lower I just bought that she doesn't know about yet. Lol.

IMG_20160925_141726.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top