JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A fellow on the Colt Forum just fell for the "coltgunstore" scam site. Paid full MSRP and a $400 "fully refundable" shipping insurance for what is truly a "ghost gun." Did not say how he paid, but it's easy enough to guess. Of all ghost guns, these are the ones that should have legal attention. All of the clues were there, but a person with desire and money is easy prey for those with desire and no money. Basically internet mugging.

Anyone ordering a modern gun from an online seller which promises to ship to their door (not a C&R) and which only accepts non-refundable payment methods has ignored not only red flags but also flashing lights.

If you look really really close you can usually see an adams apple on a counterfeit colt.
1642895225100.jpeg

Anyone ordering a modern gun from an online seller which promises to ship to their door (not a C&R) and which only accepts non-refundable payment methods has ignored not only red flags but also flashing lights.
Human greed is positively charged. Human gullibility is negatively charged. Perfect fit.
Although there is a certain degree of avarice or greed in the victim.

I don't blame anybody for wanting a gun without the government getting involved in any way (my dad did it many years ago - bought USGI surplus from the NRA before the GCA, and for years would not buy any gun thru an FFL, only private parties), but they have to understand today that it is not legal to buy interstate if you don't involve an FFL. Therefore you are dealing with someone who at the least is skirting the law and your chances of being burned are almost a certainty.

I am sorry this guy got scammed but after reading his post (and regardless of what he said) all I see is someone who IS new to guns, completely unaware of the laws and not internet savvy.

Man, how can anybody be so gullible as to fall for something like this? - but I have read similar stories on other forums.

I am sorry this guy got scammed but after reading his post (and regardless of what he said) all I see is someone who IS new to guns, completely unaware of the laws and not internet savvy.

Man, how can anybody be so gullible as to fall for something like this? - but I have read similar stories on other forums.
That is what scammers live for. If they snag the one idiot out of a million who see their ad, then they have made their day/week/month.

This guy not only got mugged, but they made him like it with the $400 insurance scam enhancement.
Ouch !

I tried to "chat" with them but they don't want to talk to me for some reason.

Last Edited:
and a $400 "fully refundable" shipping insurance
This is the part I am having a hard time with.

What is 'fully refundable' shipping insurance ? What did he think they were 'insuring' exactly ? That the gun would ship - and if not he would get the $400 back?

Bill Engvall said it best with his schtick ' Here's your sign'....

This is the part I am having a hard time with.

What is 'fully refundable' shipping insurance ? What did he think they were 'insuring' exactly ? That the gun would ship - and if not he would get the $400 back?

Bill Engvall said it best with his schtick ' Here's your sign'....
It was to lubricate the deal. Sadly, it was dry lube.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top