1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. The lucky winners of the NWFA Fall Giveaway 2016 have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice

Poor cow

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lowly monk, Jan 20, 2014.

1. lowly monk

lowly monk Beaverton, Oregon. Just a guy. Bronze Supporter

I was at a friends farm yesterday, We were just standing around talking when his 10 year old son comes running past the barn looking quite disturbed. Well the dad went to the house to check on the boy and I went past the barn to look. Well there was a cow with a small hole in it's forehead! There was a wrist rocket laying on the ground, The cow was dead. I cut it's throat and got the front loader to process. The dad was really cool, We quartered and I went home. Boys will be boys.
  2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

3. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Would have liked to see the face of the boy after the shot... Bet he wont be messing around anymore...
  4. balline36m3

balline36m3 Yakima WA Active Member

Hahaha!!! That's a good lesson for that kid to learn. Good thing it was only a cow
  5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

A wrist Rocket went through a Cows Skull?

WOW I wonder why all the guys around here with mobile slaughter trucks use at least a .222 Rem. and a couple use a 7.62 X 39
  6. clambo

clambo Vancouver, Wa. Well-Known Member

The cows owner has a very big heart. I am not clear on the whole event, I wasnt there, but if had been my cow someone would be handing me a grand or so. Im also feeling like boys will be boys doesnt get it here. That boy needs to learn a few things. Hate to see him with a rifle.

Sorry. Again, I wasnt there and I dont know anyone involved. Just had to many dogs,cats, and yeah stock shot too. We had a few cows once. We had less after someone thought it would be entertaining to warm up on them during bow season. Nothing I hate worse than wanton and malicious killing and destruction.
    Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  7. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

All true, but my bet is that has taught him a lesson he will not forget for a very long time.
    lowly monk and (deleted member) like this.
  8. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

9. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Vancouver Well-Known Member

I killed my friends Steer, he was away at the 4H national tractor operators contest, I came in the gate and put a bucket of oats down to latch the gate, I walked over to water and hay them, when I came back From the Haystack, I saw a steer finishing off a 5 gallon bucket of oats. I'll never forget the smell that came from his bloated stomach, we shove a hose down it's throat, it looked more like a camel hump when his grandpa stabbed it. Alas, all life saving techniques were for naught. For the next few days, the thing just laid there with its tongue hanging out looking at me every time I walked past it. We moved it with the farm hand a few days later onto a flatbed, and then off to the rendering plant.