JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Getting a 200 grain slug to that speed is pretty fair if you ask me. I have a few more to test, just haven't got around to it. Looking to see what happens the closer I get to 14 grains...

Those 155s fly with a good powder charge. We were close to 2000-2200fps with the carbine in 10mm back at TNW if I recall.

Had some fun pushing 125gr XTP's out of my Henry around 2000fps.

.357 Mag of course.

I h
I received and old 1917 Colt .45 ACP in a trade years ago and I read where 30-06 and .45 ACP brass had the same basic measurements. I took some 30-06 brass and cut it off 1/8th" shorter than the cylinder of the Revolver, then using .410 wads, #6 shot and some 2400, I loaded up some dandy "snake" (and other thing) loads. :eek:
I have done the same thing they work great.

Graduated from "Too close to the sun 10mn go-boom-boom" and started a class on "300blk for the wrong reason" 2.0.

Loaded and tested up to 19.0 grains H110 in front of a 150 grain spitzer. CCI 400s 2.26". Still some room in that case too.

well i screwd up once when reloading from the hodguns yearly manual i loaded up some 40S&W using a 10mm recipe in my Chief special 40 pistol. Amazingly no damage but when i started taking the ammo apart the mistake was clear as day. Had more recoil than normal. I was amazed i did not destroy the pistol. Does having a short barrel help out on reducing pressure? One lucky sob.

well i screwd up once when reloading from the hodguns yearly manual i loaded up some 40S&W using a 10mm recipe in my Chief special 40 pistol. Amazingly no damage but when i started taking the ammo apart the mistake was clear as day. Had more recoil than normal. I was amazed i did not destroy the pistol. Does having a short barrel help out on reducing pressure? One lucky sob.
I'm no expert, but if it was a slower burning powder, yes. Likely threw the bullet out before burning all of the powder.

Two things I tried "just cuz". Hollow based wadcutters seated up side down as a SD round. Penetration would be zero. All bullet energy would be expended in the target. Would not travel through too many walls if a miss.
Sabot rounds. 22cal bullets with a plastic sleeve around them, loaded into a 30-06 case. Bullet comes out at over 4K fps. Accuracy was terrible.

Two things I tried "just cuz". Hollow based wadcutters seated up side down as a SD round. Penetration would be zero. All bullet energy would be expended in the target. Would not travel through too many walls if a miss.
Sabot rounds. 22cal bullets with a plastic sleeve around them, loaded into a 30-06 case. Bullet comes out at over 4K fps. Accuracy was terrible.
If memory serves, lots of folks used to do the backward-HBWC thing, I think Ayoob mentioned it in a couple of his books.

.22 sabot might be helped if it had fins, as the sabot rounds fired from an Abrams do. (APFSDS = Armor-Piercing Fin-Stabilized Discarding Sabot)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top