JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have never worried about people peeking, but as the the man experienced at 14, I have always worried about it falling in the drink. I work out in the public as a Letter Carrier and frequently have to use public facilities. One time I was at a McDonalds and on the TP dispenser was someones wallet. It had $80.00 a credit card and a nice picture of a young Mother and her baby, I took it to the manager and it turned out to belong to one of the employees. So the TP holder doesn't work in my mind, But they always give me way too many fries!

I have never worried about people peeking, but as the the man experienced at 14, I have always worried about it falling in the drink. I work out in the public as a Letter Carrier and frequently have to use public facilities. One time I was at a McDonalds and on the TP dispenser was someones wallet. It had $80.00 a credit card and a nice picture of a young Mother and her baby, I took it to the manager and it turned out to belong to one of the employees. So the TP holder doesn't work in my mind, But they always give me way too many fries!

I wouldn't eat anything the TP holder gives me, let alone french fries. Canned food from a TP holder would gross me out.

Hey! You guys asked! :s0112: :s0112: :s0112:

I haven't run into the issue of someone bumping the divider, even before I started carrying a gun, so I don't worry about it too much. I just have to remember which side of the holster to lay down - one side is not as stable a base as the other because of the belt attachment thingy.

As for the shelves... take that up with the management! Some places even have little chairs to strap a baby into, but those are rarer than the shelves. You do have hooks on the back of the stall doors for coats or whatever, right?

Used to travel a great deal. My wife was very practical in the matters of having to use public restrooms. She carried a glock 26 in a nice leather fanny pack that also doubled for her wallet. Her gun was always in reach as she never had to take it off. Organization is the key, leaving your gun laying around the stall makes it out of your control.

jj

... leaving your gun laying around the stall makes it out of your control.

I would hesitate to describe how I handle my gun as "leaving it laying around the stall." It is never more than a foot from my hand, never in anyone else's sight or control, and never subject to being dropped, lost, or otherwise abused. It takes me all of one tenth of a second to reach it, no matter what I am doing, and is much more available for use than if it were in my back pocket (or even in the holster) with my pants around my knees. Seems pretty organized and straight-forward to me.

Hey! You guys asked! :s0112: :s0112: :s0112:

I haven't run into the issue of someone bumping the divider, even before I started carrying a gun, so I don't worry about it too much. I just have to remember which side of the holster to lay down - one side is not as stable a base as the other because of the belt attachment thingy.

As for the shelves... take that up with the management! Some places even have little chairs to strap a baby into, but those are rarer than the shelves. You do have hooks on the back of the stall doors for coats or whatever, right?

Hehe, they totally did! :p If I carried I'd probably go about it the same way you do Amy. I also know exactly what you're talking about with the stall shelves that fold down, coat hooks, and the baby tables and seats. If I didn't sit it down on something I'd probably tuck it up under my arm or stuff it in a coat pocket temporarily.

I would hesitate to describe how I handle my gun as "leaving it laying around the stall." It is never more than a foot from my hand, never in anyone else's sight or control, and never subject to being dropped, lost, or otherwise abused. It takes me all of one tenth of a second to reach it, no matter what I am doing, and is much more available for use than if it were in my back pocket (or even in the holster) with my pants around my knees. Seems pretty organized and straight-forward to me.

Whatever works for you.

jj

Edited to add, cops are trained at weapon retention yet all to often cops are killed with their own weapon. I am certian that in the privacy of the little room you are confident that you can reach your gun in time to protect yourself. Only way to be sure is to test your belief which could turn out really messy LOL Just a point of view, take it for what you paid for it.

Yummy topic. Knowing that bathroom floors are covered with bathroom quality disease and germs as well as dried feces and urine why on earth would you let your pants lie on the floor. Nevermind the gun which now has a coating of e-coli and poop dust.

I carry legally, but that's not the business of people I don't know in public bathrooms. So I do whatever it takes to keep my concealed weapon concealed. Countless factors affect tactical awareness and superiority. Careless advertizing is not one of them.

If I couldn't stash a carry piece down inside the leg of my jeans, or perform two separate functions with two separate hands, I suppose I'd be willing to loop my belt across a shoulder and keep my holstered pistol a secret from total strangers (with their pants up) just outside the 3x3' cube I'm trapped inside like a blindfolded rat.

Privileges come with responsibilities, even a little pre-planning sometimes. I swear I held off for a week once in Indian Guides at Camp Collins when I was 10.

Ancient History Channel: Dumb 14 year old kid (Me). Deer hunting, and the need for number two arises. Finish my transaction, (loose belt with a Case knife and Ruger Bearcat strapped to it). Stand up to restore all to its proper place, and the belt end comes out of the loop, and Mister Case and Mister Ruger deliver themselves precisely in the middle of my deposit. This is one of those very few lessons that 14year olds learn quickly and stays with you for life.

So thats what a crap shoot is !!!!!

Ancient History Channel: Dumb 14 year old kid (Me). Deer hunting, and the need for number two arises. Finish my transaction, (loose belt with a Case knife and Ruger Bearcat strapped to it). Stand up to restore all to its proper place, and the belt end comes out of the loop, and Mister Case and Mister Ruger deliver themselves precisely in the middle of my deposit. This is one of those very few lessons that 14year olds learn quickly and stays with you for life.

Similar experience, only with a Buck knife. I still have that knife and every time I use it I remember that day. Thankfully a creek was very close.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top