JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On second thought, it could also be a coyote with a litter on the way and you're near the den. Shouldn't they be having pups in the next month or so?

I've seen scat like that on the sidewalk a couple/three times in Portland. Being I've done yard maintenance in PDX for 30+ years I've seen a lot of dog crap ,(Great claim to fame, huh?). I've also seen coyotes a few times just truckin' on down the road. Looks just like canine but "different", like that, with the hair thing going on. I've also seen domestic dog crap on lawns/sidewalks that have hair in it, but it's not the same as the OPs pic.

Coyote. They are very habitual critters when undisturbed. Make rounds just like your dog if he's allowed to cruise the neighborhood. A primary reason snares are so effective. Poop in the same place (just like a lot of dogs).

DANGER!: Coyote scat contains a VERY dangerous spore or microbe that can enter via mucous membranes (nostrils). NEVER pick apart coyote scat (to determine their diet, etc.) with any proximity to your unprotected face.

DANGER!: Coyote scat contains a VERY dangerous spore or microbe that can enter via mucous membranes (nostrils). NEVER pick apart coyote scat (to determine their diet, etc.) with any proximity to your unprotected face.

Ohh, trust me, that ain't going to happen!

Some people study sheite.

They don't have guns to play with. Good lord, is that all we're going to have to play with after they make guns illegal here? At least there's plenty of it at city hall and Salem. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Geese would be my guess! We have a Sh!t Load of them down here right now, and they must be practicing carpet bombing for the Royal Canadian Air Force, as they have left entire fields looking like that, and this isn't your average fly over pooping, this is a full blown scorched earth air ASSault!

Geese would be my guess! We have a Sh!t Load of them down here right now, and they must be practicing carpet bombing for the Royal Canadian Air Force, as they have left entire fields looking like that, and this isn't your average fly over pooping, this is a full blown scorched earth air ASSault!
note the hair and bone bits, carnivorous geese lol

As noted, Bobcats are even more habitual than Coyotes, and actually live their entire lives running almost exclusively the same "circuit" if not disturbed, consequently often using the same toilet area.

The litmus test in this case would be noting whether or not any of the deposits there contain any significant vegetable matter (blackberries, plum pits, etc. common in Coyote dung): Bobcat scat is by appearance usually more "loose" than what is seen here, more resembling what you might find in a litterbox, and will almost never contain anything other than evidence of an exclusive carnivorous diet. In contrast, Coyotes eat everything.

As noted, Bobcats are even more habitual than Coyotes, and actually live their entire lives running almost exclusively the same "circuit" if not disturbed, consequently often using the same toilet area.

The litmus test in this case would be noting whether or not any of the deposits there contain any significant vegetable matter (blackberries, plum pits, etc. common in Coyote dung): Bobcat scat is by appearance usually more "loose" than what is seen here, more resembling what you might find in a litterbox, and will almost never contain anything other than evidence of an exclusive carnivorous diet. In contrast, Coyotes eat everything.

You sound like you know what your talking about....(insert smart remark here).....Don't cats, of all kinds, bury their scat?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top