JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went for a hike in a hunting spot today to see whats up. What kind of animal poops in the same spot several times?

Selection_001.jpg

I suspect coyote but I never knew of any that would poop in the same place? My second guess is cougar, dont cats go in the same place for reasons?

I would guess Cougar, Coyotes eat berries and grasses not just fir covered critters and that's some fir filled poop.
I suspect cougar too because my guess is cats would return to one spot to defecate. This means there is a cougar in my hunting spot.... of course, not surprised just... disappointed.

Cougars have sometimes used an old barn on our place as a latrine. Surprisingly large piles of turds. Their scat is often more tapered, and bigger, than a coyote's scat, and has lots of fur, bone, and teeth in it. I can't tell from your picture what you have there.

That looks like a great spot to set up a trail camera.

That looks like a great spot to set up a trail camera.

It is....
Its a new spot I found last deer season. So far I havent made any visual contact but there are a few fresh deer rubs and last season I tracked a small herd of elk.
Im tempted to put a trail cam, but I have another spot Ive been hunting that I see deer most every time I go.

Looks like a dog of some kind. There aren't really berries this time of year, so I'd wager it's coyote. I think cats burry their scat, so I'd guess it's not a cougar.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top