JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went for a hike in a hunting spot today to see whats up. What kind of animal poops in the same spot several times?

Selection_001.jpg

I suspect coyote but I never knew of any that would poop in the same place? My second guess is cougar, dont cats go in the same place for reasons?

I would guess Cougar, Coyotes eat berries and grasses not just fir covered critters and that's some fir filled poop.
I suspect cougar too because my guess is cats would return to one spot to defecate. This means there is a cougar in my hunting spot.... of course, not surprised just... disappointed.

Cougars have sometimes used an old barn on our place as a latrine. Surprisingly large piles of turds. Their scat is often more tapered, and bigger, than a coyote's scat, and has lots of fur, bone, and teeth in it. I can't tell from your picture what you have there.

That looks like a great spot to set up a trail camera.

That looks like a great spot to set up a trail camera.

It is....
Its a new spot I found last deer season. So far I havent made any visual contact but there are a few fresh deer rubs and last season I tracked a small herd of elk.
Im tempted to put a trail cam, but I have another spot Ive been hunting that I see deer most every time I go.

Looks like a dog of some kind. There aren't really berries this time of year, so I'd wager it's coyote. I think cats burry their scat, so I'd guess it's not a cougar.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top