JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CZ 527. Single set trigger, stunning accuracy.
Tikka. Stellar accuracy.
RAR if on budget. Great trigger but stock is crappy. Accuracy lags a bit behind the first two.

Thx re CZ 527. Anyone know if it is OK for both .223 and 5.56 NATO?

1631813607862.png

I have a Savage model II (two in Roman numerals, I think it's a mistake) that's lights out at 200 with steel case .223, though if I recall, it's not 5.56 compatible. Only cost me about $300, well worth the money

I've done a few. Personally, the Ruger is good, but very rough in every way. It is a precise gun, but lacks in many ways. I fell for it for the AR15 magazine compatibility. If it came with factory irons, it would likely still be in my rotation. For the downsides, it was sold.

Lately, I find myself looking to get another. If I could get another 700 SPS tactical in 223 I'd do it, that one was stupid accurate. However the only one on my radar is the CZ527 MTR. Out of stock virtually everywhere, but the moment I find one, it's mine.

The only other one I've considered, but is basically vaperwear, is the Browning Xbolt Max Varmint.

Best of luck deciding. Thankfully, there are many to choose from.

The Ruger American 223/556 if you can find them are nice and I have no complaints . I picked mine up at Bi Mart and was reasonable but had the rotary internal mag not the one that accepts the AR mags . It is plenty accurate and threaded and slows my son down quite a bit which is fine by me !

I've got the CZ as well, mines a left handed wood stocked model. As far as 5.56 Vs 223. I've only been using .223 brass in my loadings but the 5.56 brass is externally the same so will work just fine. I see when comparing the same powder and bullet loads between the two cases the military cases use slightly less powder at the max end. As far as shooting off the shelf .223 vs 5.56 it's a bolt gun, it'll shoot either I'm sure.

For a cheap gun that shoots great I got an Axis. The bolt travel is sloppy, the inside of the receiver looks like it was carved with an axe, they used a long action and just shortened the mag with a spacer! But it locks up tight, and with Remington 55 gr FMJ ammo it will make 3/4" groups all day long!
Hard to beat from a $300 gun! I got it as a Coyote gun, and for that it does anything I need! DR

I'd go with a CZ. (On and off over recent memory I've gotten the bug in the bonnet to acquire a bolt-gun in said, though I always wandered off to the next idea before execution of the plan. Having shot some CZs, and handled others, I'd go with that and some good quality glass.)

Best of wishes with your project. :s0155:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews