Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Simply Triggers
Oregon Rifleworks
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Southwest Firearms
Gun Deals
Defensive Arts
Reactions
My advice is definitely get a cz 527 if the price is right, but be open to slightly different sub models of CZ. I had a CZ 527 carbine in 7.62x39 on my want list for a while, and 2 years ago I came across a cz 527 .223 "Royal" on Gunbroker, and won it at $500. Aparently only a few hundred were imported, and I had never heard of them, which is what first sparked my interest. Over the last 20 years CZ has been notorious for short runs on sub models of very popular models. But oftentimes the rare/short run models are not what 99% of the population is looking for, hence them not getting bid on or searched for. The set trigger is quite nice.

What about a Ruger M77 in .223? They are mauser actions, usually stainless steel, just a little beefier tgan a cz527. Standard stock is a nasty looking "boat paddle" stock. Ive handled a few and thought they felt nice.

Reactions
Or how about a Baikal 94? They are pretty dang cool guns, and would probably fit the "survival" niche that the 527 carbine is in. They were imported (now banned from import so it will only go up in value) in a few different combos, but here is one in 12ga and .223. Break action double barrel. This is a great price too, saw the same setup sell on GB over the summer for $900: https://www.armslist.com/posts/1350...-sale--baikal-izh-94--223-12-gauge-o-u-combo-

MikeE

Reactions
I have a CZ 527 in 7.62x39 which I like, but has too many quirks to recommend. Tikka T3X super light is fabulous out of the box. Am also liking my Ruger American Ranch. Action a bit rough, but with a little white lithium and running it hard, no issues. Sub MOA with correct loads.

Reactions
I have a CZ 527 in 7.62x39 which I like, but has too many quirks to recommend. Tikka T3X super light is fabulous out of the box. Am also liking my Ruger American Ranch. Action a bit rough, but with a little white lithium and running it hard, no issues. Sub MOA with correct loads.
I had a CZ 527. Still have a CZ .22LR. Great guns but mags are expensive and I'm more of a "utility" firearm type of guy. Got a Ruger American Ranch; nice gun for the money. Wish there were some better composite stock upgrades available!

Just got a Timney trigger for the Ruger American Ranch. Haven't installed yet but am hoping it smooths out that trigger action.

ATCclears

Reactions
CZ has announced the new 600 series, and I'm eyeing that. Another thread on it here:

Reactions
Just bought her. There’s deals to be had.

ATCclears

Reactions
Cerberus Training Group
Southwest Firearms
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Let Freedom Ring
Sporting Systems
Advertise on Northwest Firearms

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors January Gun Show
Portland, OR
Wes Knodel Gun Shows