JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Take your pick.
lead poisoning in animals bullets - Google Scholar

Oh, and if you want to read a full text but cannot access it due to licensing I am happy to get it for you.
Bias comes in many forms. A preponderance of official looking articles are radially available for support on any subject (true or false) from the internet.
Pick the first source listed in the link you posted.
"Plos one"
A source I personally would not trust and find unethical and inconsequential.
Funded by the group, or person, who submits the articles or research for publications. (they pay to have their work submitted)
Plos one screens research using Personal, political and or environmental bias, as to which research gets published thereby stacking the research towards their agenda.
Sizeable ethical shame comes from the fact that I have yet to see retractions when research has been debunked.
There's more, but I am endeavoring (possibly unsuccessfully) not to be verbose.
There are other postings with suspect motivations listed also @ that link.
Most pursuers will not go much beyond an article before passing judgment.
For me, who, why, how, did the article become known to me is as important as the subject matter itself in deciphering validity, ethics, morality etc..
If one is going to shout in a megaphone in support of things that impact the world, both the holder of the megaphone and the listener, must show due diligence and go full circle in fact checking.
I am in strict abhorrence of anyone who subscribes to the "collateral damage theory"; the theory that anything goes for the good of the people.
I am not denying Lead can be toxic for any living creatures.
I am denying the current controversial delivery system of lead bullets.

I say again " I want a report form a group that does not have a anti hunting / anti gun bias.."

Plus if you can't get a term correct in the title... just how good is the rest of the information?
( "animals bullets" ? really...:rolleyes: )

Show me findings from someone who does not have a dog in this fight and then I'll be more inclined to believe the findings.
Andy

Yeah, you clearly did not click the link. That was not a title of an article, it was the search terms I used. If you do bother to actually click the link then you will see articles by researchers from many disciplines, from many universities, from countries around the world, I.E. people without anti hunting and anti gun bias.

thorborg-- I agree, we should ask questions about unknown sources. Some content IS bad content. But, I see a lot of well respected journals in the list on just page one of that search.

Yeah, you clearly did not click the link. That was not a title of an article, it was the search terms I used. If you do bother to actually click the link then you will see articles by researchers from many disciplines, from many universities, from countries around the world, I.E. people without anti hunting and anti gun bias.
I clicked ... I looked ... Didn't see much in the way of unbiased anything in what I read.
Still not convinced that lead in bullets is causing much of a environmental impact.

In the future please do not tell me what I did or did not do....
Andy

I clicked ... I looked ... Didn't see much in the way of unbiased anything in what I read.
Still not convinced that lead in bullets is causing much of a environmental impact.

In the future please do not tell me what I did or did not do....
Andy

My apologies, I re-read my post and it came across as rude.

To be clear, I am not trying to convince anyone of anything in this matter. Just offering up my take on the information I have been exposed to and talking about how and why I have changed my actions after reading the information. I suppose we just have a differing perspective of what biased information is and where it might come from.

Yeah, I am pretty sure the impacts of certain types of mining greatly outweighs the impacts of lead bullets on the landscape. I understand that mining is critical for Americans and the whole world to operate with the quality of life we have come to expect. I am certain that better practices that have less impact are available, it's simply a matter of being cost-effective or adhering to some standard set by legislation. As an individual I can only have a small voice in environmental matters, just one vote.

On the other hand when I am hunting I can take direct action--shooting non-toxic ammo. As far as the performance of the ammo, well I just have to be a better hunter. Getting closer and shooting more precisely are a big part of the excitement of the hunt for me anyway.

I think this is the guy who joins your gun club and then calls the EPA, DEQ and any other commie government agency he can think of. On other forums people who believe other than those in the group go bye bye.

Luckily we are not other forums.
I don't agree with what Hobo has posted here or with what his links are saying...
But he is entitled to his thoughts and opinions.
And should be able to post 'em here , just like every other member.
Andy

Luckily we are not other forums.
I don't agree with what Hobo has posted here or with what his links are saying...
But he is entitled to his thoughts and opinions.
And should be able to post 'em here , just like every other member.
Andy
Sure I agree that people are entitled to their opinions and we won't all agree but when someone starts talking contrary to what the group thinks they could be someone you don't want in your group. Would you want an anti gunner on the forum? This isn't a clear example to me but it is headed that way. I don't care if someone wants to shoot copper bullets because the think it is better for the environment but if the start telling us that we can't use lead then it is clearly someone you don't want associating with a group like this. Just throwing out a fed flag with my OP. I'm sure that others see it too.

To steer this ship back on coarse, Copper jackets on our bullets or solid copper bullets do far more damage to the trees then any amount of lead ever could! Copper will actually kill many different species of trees, mainly those most common here in the U.S. Just don't tell any one, wouldn't wanna ban any thing else!:mad::mad::mad:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top