JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I suppose they won't like these kits either?

Funny thing about Q and Poly 80 problems are that both seem to be based around how the products were marketed. Weird!

I suppose they won't like these kits either?

Funny thing about Q and Poly 80 problems are that both seem to be based around how the products were marketed. Weird!
They are just the beginning.......it's not looking good for the next 4. They have already started in on SB Tactical too.

:s0018:

Yeah I'm a Trump supporter but he did nothing to dismantle the leftist control of the ATF or IRS.

I bet they will make all 80% lowers serialized and have to have a BGC.
Then universal BGC nationwide.

They won't ban anything or make big changes just keep tightening the noose. Look for another mass shooting soon. Then the "don't let a tragedy go to waste" politicians will be passing all kinds of ish.

I would imagine criminals are loving these 80% lowers though.
I would like to know the numbers of 80s getting confiscated after busts.

But I'm sure it's peanuts compared to legally purchased weapons from straw buyers.

And those straw buyers almost NEVER GET CHARGED!!!!!!!

I would imagine criminals are loving these 80% lowers though.
I would like to know the numbers of 80s getting confiscated after busts.

But I'm sure it's peanuts compared to legally purchased weapons from straw buyers.

And those straw buyers almost NEVER GET CHARGED!!!!!!!
Americans love these lowers. They are a fun project that leave you with a sense of pride. It's alot more than just assemble. There's lots of troubleshooting and steady hand work to do one of these right.

The finished product is something you feel more attached to than any store bought gun....

That "Suburban man" story over in another thread was the first I'd heard of a criminal getting busted with a completed 80% gun. I'd generally figured most of those folks ( Criminals * ) are too lazy and stupid to correctly do the machine work and fitting required to make a working gun. Why build what you can steal? It would be interesting to have better statistics on the numbers of people who have committed crimes with homemade guns ( not including any possible crime constituted by merely owning, possessing, or completing the weapon itself), and on the sources of the weapons used in crimes . Not that real world numbers will have any effect on politicians making hay out of fear.

* by criminals, I mean street level thugs, not the white collar ones that generally hold public office.

Last Edited:
I've seen many news stories where photos of the confiscated guns were 80's. Of course if the 80's didn't exist they would buy a gun illegally off the street, but apparently they do get finished 80's also.

Well see personally the occupied area in Portland this week, if you want to do illegal stuff just wear all black and replace "Militia" with Antifa.

They have armed people walking around standing guard and all unchecked.

Well see personally the occupied area in Portland this week, if you want to do illegal stuff just wear all black and replace "Militia" with Antifa.

They have armed people walking around standing guard and all unchecked.
They cleared the red house in north Portland of people trespassing with a firearm and committing a crime with body armor, but I'm yet to hear of any charges along those lines. I'm also yet to hear about anybody getting charged with the Portland/MultCo ordinance of having loaded firearms in public without a carry permit. It's a double standard...

I've seen many news stories where photos of the confiscated guns were 80's. Of course if the 80's didn't exist they would buy a gun illegally off the street, but apparently they do get finished 80's also.

Probably more than a few people out there who machine out 80's that then turn around and sell them on the black market.
Probably a few in every major city. Glock and AR.

If they do ban 80's people will probably just start making home made sten guns and sterlings again.. that was the cottage gun builders bread and butter in the 1970's '80's and '90's.

Probably more than a few people out there who machine out 80's that then turn around and sell them on the black market.
This has always been my thought.

I have reviewed the instructions on completing some of these '80%' guns and it is quite obvious to effectively do so one is going to need a minimum amount of equipment and tools (and some basic to mediocre machining/hand fitting skills) to accomplish it properly.

I'll bet a fair amount of people have attempted an 80% gun with minimal skills and tools and probably wound up destroying the frame (we'll probably never hear about those).

I am sure there have been a few than have been finished to function with minimal tools but that would take a level of patience and skill not possessed by many, and largely in part it is going to require the recommended tools & equipment to do it properly.

This has always been my thought.

I have reviewed the instructions on completing some of these '80%' guns and it is quite obvious to effectively do so one is going to need a minimum amount of equipment and tools (and some basic to mediocre machining/hand fitting skills) to accomplish it properly.

I'll bet a fair amount of people have attempted an 80% gun with minimal skills and tools and probably wound up destroying the frame (we'll probably never hear about those).

I am sure there have been a few than have been finished to function with minimal tools but that would take a level of patience and skill not possessed by many, and largely in part it is going to require the recommended tools & equipment to do it properly.

From all the internet videos uploaded as a how to , it is neither as hard as some think it is , nor is it as simple as some other folks think it is.

The reason I say this is there seems to be an intentional misconception being pushed by the left that this is simply as easy as just installing the parts and Voila instant gun .

At the same time though based all the videos / write ups it doesn't require a Bridgeport Mill and a skilled machinist either .There is one video out there where a guy completed one with a brace and bit , file and box knife .

Having said that there was a guy who made an AK receiver from a shovel blade as well. Everyone isn't going to be skilled enough or determined enough to make that happen.

Why would we possibly want it to be easy for lawful people to exercise their rights and freedoms?
Let's just serialize and license everything that can be, or has been used in the commission of a crime. Yeah, that will make us all safer. Then we can read headlines about the neighbor who was arrested for having an unregistered hammer; the hardware store that was raided for straw purchases of galvanized pipe; the guy down the street who lost custody of his children because he failed to keep his assault baseball bat secured with a safety lock. Who would have a problem with a 15 day waiting period to cut your steak? After all it is just sensible knife control.

I think we should all invest in bubble wrap and packing peanuts.

-sarcasm off

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top