JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up a couple of these Polymer 80% lowers at the Puyallup show yesterday: http://www.polymer80.com/Polymer80-G150-Lower-and-Jig-System_p_377.html

Does anyone have any experience with these lowers? The kit includes the lower, the jig, the drill bits and the end-mill bit to clean out the trigger group space. Probably won't get around to milling them out any time soon, but I wanted to see if anyone on here has done it.

I've seen enough broken plastic lowers to know to avoid them. they typically break at the loop for the buffer tube.

and if you spent $90/ea on them they ripped you off big time...

you could have spent $10 more and got a complete lower assembly with stock, buffer tube, buffer, lower parts, FCG, etc. COMPLETE

Also for $20 more if you wanted to go the no serial number path to ensure it is 100% off the books....

you could have gotten a billet aluminum 80% lower... yes BILLET! not forged! billet 6061, or another $30 for billet 7075 both hard anodized.

or for $10-20 cheaper: non anodized.

Plastic will be easier to machine out but not much easier as it is more delicate. you can't go any faster with the cutting and must use a LOT of cutting oil to keep it cool so it doesn't melt or bow out of shape while drilling and cutting.

Apologies to Modeler for going a bit off topic...I'm sticking with forged Mil spec uppers and lowers for now but also interested in your experience when you get around to finishing them.

@ Mr Smith: What advantage does billet have over forged with the exception of a complete trigger guard?

Also, the 90 bux on the polymer kit includes jigs, bits, and mill. What does that add to the aluminum kits, or are those included as well.

I don't think that was a bad price as it comes with a jig. I paid more than that just for a Jig and Bits from Amazon. I did get quality reusable tools and bought two Aluminum 80% lowers on hard cast and the other Billet (Billiet $90)

I don't remember comparing aluminum and plastic but I do remember comparing the prices of plasic 100% done lower at $23 buck each and even with a transfer maybe $50 total or if you know you dealer very well
it could be one transfer price for three of those low cost lowers.
I'm not into plastic lowers at all as I have enough Billet to keep me busy.
Just starting my next batch of ten lowers

10Lowers_zps0c732909.jpg

I had a OMNI when they first came out. Bought it for 30 dollars completely thinking I just robbed a bank or found the holy grail. I was high on AR15 life. I put 100 rounds through it and was happy as a clown. So I bought 5 more thinking they would be easy flips.

I put another 200-300 rounds through the 1st one then it broke at the buffer portion.

Then loads of reviews started hitting the web showing broken OMNI lowers.

Needless to say I pretty much sold the 5 I thought I was going to flip for close to what I paid.

I stuck to aluminum from there out.

If your looking to allude the Feds by getting an 80. I get it. However buying that 80 off the Internet using a credit card kind of defeats the purpose. Then buying the remaining parts for the rifle online, not saying you are just throwing it out there, again defeats the purpose.

You want my opinion. Aero Precision blem. When in stock they are usually 50 dollars or so. Plus transfer and shipping, your still probably going to land under the cost of this 80 with jig.

I bought a 100% polymer lower. Still haven't put it together, but it will be a dedicated .22LR. I wouldn't consider using my .458 socom or even 6.8 SPC upper on it though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top