JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would guess that if you have a CPL then you can. There is nothing in the law(s) that state it must contain a serial number. Just the carrier (your friend) needs to have a valid CPL and be legal to carry concealed.

Welcome to NWFA. :)

I would guess that if you have a CPL then you can. There is nothing in the law(s) that state it must contain a serial number. Just the carrier (your friend) needs to have a valid CPL and be legal to carry concealed.

Welcome to NWFA. :)
Thanks so glad I found this place hopefully more people will chime in, my friend really loves how they feel and shoot but my friend doesn't want any trouble...

I have carried a P80 many times in Oregon and Washington, and a former Army buddy / Current Washington State Patrol Lieutenant has specifically told me that it is legal to carry (while properly licensed) in Washington State.

My friend said he isn't too worried about these kind of things because this kind of nuance will no longer matter. He doesn't think the big argument in our anti-liberty battles this year will be calm discussions over serial numbers. He believes the disagreements will be bigger and with more skin lost.

Just answered this on another thread but I'll post again.

Untraceable firearms (non serialized) are illegal to manufacture with intent to sell.

Undetectable firearms are illegal. They already were federally though.

In my non lawyer opinion polymer 80s would not be considered as undetectable. My reasoning is as follows.

Serialized polymer 80 frames ( as well as polymer ar lowers ) are still available to purchase at local stores throughout Washington and have no physical or compositional difference to a non serialized polymer frame other than having the holes and channel already drilled and having a serial number. Both versions are made of the same material. If polymer 80s (or polymer ar lowers) were considered undetectable then the serialized version would also be illegal as there is no exception in the law to allow undetectable yet traceable firearms.

Further reasoning for my thinking that they must be still lawful in WA is that you can still purchase the non serialized polymer 80 frames at several ffls currently. If a licensed firearms dealer were selling items considered to be illegal in the state they would be shut down fast. I could give a couple examples that I know of but if I'm completely off base Id rather not blow up a spot needlessly.

Also I do not believe stripped oem glock frames have the 3.7oz of steel necessary permanently in the frame either so if this affected polymer 80s then it would also affect oem glock stripped frames. Feel free to chop your own glock and weigh the rail thats molded into it.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top