JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was unaware of the serialized parts that puts a new spin on it for me. I have assembled many AR's with my own chosen components and that was the hope for a new Polymer 80 build. I will look again.
Lining up the trigger housing or the locking block, with the pre-existing frame holes on the 100% frames can still be a small challenge (like described by the OP), but it is easily overcome with a mallet, hammer, and/or punch (and might result in a sliver of polymer shaving coming off the holes).

Good luck with the generic parts kit.
For best results use Genuine Glock parts for the small parts kits.
And yes, it's an Easter Egg Hunt to find the genuine parts.
Well so far I've put 300rds through it. Had some stovepipes but thats on my reloads being on the weak side. Not a fan of the trigger...feels like mashed potato compared to my 1911..

Well so far I've put 300rds through it. Had some stovepipes but thats on my reloads being on the weak side. Not a fan of the trigger...feels like mashed potato compared to my 1911..
You will never get a Glock trigger to come even close to the break quality of a 1911.
However, you can improve what you've got.

You generic kit probably has some funky aftermarket connector.
Try to find an OEM "Dot" connector.
These are inexpensive ($7-ish) and not a "controlled" part like the "Minus" connector.
A "Minus" will cost $18 on the low end in the Gray Market......message me if you want a contact.

Your generic springs could be wonky as well.
The OEM striker spring is 5.5lbs and the OEM trigger spring is 5lbs.
You should be able to find these springs and they are a good baseline.

If this is a range gun and you want to play with the springs :
1) Use the OEM 5lb trigger spring (no 6lb aftermarket trigger spring !)
2) Get a striker spring assortment from Wolff Gunsprings
5lb
4.5lb
4.0lb

But get a decent connector first or you are wasting your time.

Genuine Glock trigger springs and striker springs (current production) are a unique "matte silver" color.
Almost like an electro-plate galvanized color.
I've never seen an aftermarket Glock spring in this "color".

Typical aftermarket spring color is like a dark bronze color.
Like an old-time fish hook color.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top