JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought my wife a Walter CCP because she has Parkinson's and she needs an easy to rack pistol. So far she loves it so it looks like it will be a keeper. I'd like to try powder coated projectiles but it has polygonal rifling, which is new to me as a reloader. I'm wondering about sizing. Normally with a lead bullet .001 over standard diameter works well in all my firearms, but it seems like this may not be the case with the CCP as I understand that polygonal rifling tends to be a tighter fit as there is less space between lands and groves for the bullet to form into. I've read that the bullet can be squished if it's too big.

So for the CCP in 9mm perhaps it would be better to try a PC bullet sized to .355 instead of the more normal .356? I'm thinking if the bullet is too small there's less chance of problems than if it's too large. Any experience would be most welcome and thank you.

Just wondering.. have you tried shooting any through it to see how they work?? I see a ton of requests to see if its ok to shoot x,y,z out of their polygonal glock barrell and the over arching theme.. IT doesnt matter shoot the sucker..

Thats why I ask.. also.. might look into RMR Bullets, they are over in Idaho and make some of their own bullets.. Prices from what I have found were about 5 bucks per 1k 9mm over what you could buy powder loaded lead bullets.. was not worth my time to try the powder coated.

Just wondering.. have you tried shooting any through it to see how they work?? I see a ton of requests to see if its ok to shoot x,y,z out of their polygonal glock barrell and the over arching theme.. IT doesnt matter shoot the sucker..

Thats why I ask.. also.. might look into RMR Bullets, they are over in Idaho and make some of their own bullets.. Prices from what I have found were about 5 bucks per 1k 9mm over what you could buy powder loaded lead bullets.. was not worth my time to try the powder coated.

Well I pick up unlubed cast bullets here and there cheap and then I powder coat and size by myself. I haven't tried them in polygonal rifling yet, just looking for a safer starting point. I'll start casting my own at some point.

I got out to try these today and at .355 the results were not good. None of the charges of universal in the workup were anything like accurate and I even had some keyholing lol. I'll probably size the next batch to .356 and maybe try some hp38.

On the up side I had a new load with BE-86 and 124gr rn plated bullets that was the bee's knees at 5.4gr.

@ageingstudent , I don't know doodly-squat about casting. FWIW, I used to reload moly coated bullets in my HK USP Tactical 45, and never had a problem.

Yeah sometimes getting a good cast bullet load can be a real labor of love, but when it works I prefer them over jacketed or plated. They are usually easy on the pocket book and the gun barrel if you shoot a lot. Like reloading in general the more I contribute to making my own cartridge the more satisfying the shooting;).

Yeah sometimes getting a good cast bullet load can be a real labor of love, but when it works I prefer them over jacketed or plated. They are usually easy on the pocket book and the gun barrel if you shoot a lot. Like reloading in general the more I contribute to making my own cartridge the more satisfying the shooting;).

Agreed. Reloading is deeply relaxing. Then shooting those reloads is both relaxing, satisfying and cathartic, and also exhilarating if your accuracy is superb.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top