JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will You Apply For Permit To Purchase If Measure 114 Withstands Legal Challenges And PTP Program Is

• No

Votes: 294 86.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 45 13.3%

• Total voters
Voted NO, I have what I need. Atleast for now. already downsized in caliber due to hand strength. The idea of a government data base, which I'm sure will get hacked and all that data out on the web. Your average criminal can't use a computer to hack, but the list will be made available to them by some wacky Techno kid. What pains me is not how this will effect me not complying, but the future of gun sales, then Crime.

Not really. Gun sales at a record low no one is applying for a permit..... why is there so much gun violence still? They keep coming after our rights and keep promoting drugs and homeless ticking time bomb
And defunding police and prosecutors letting criminals go with a slap on the wrist if anything.

And defunding police and prosecutors letting criminals go with a slap on the wrist if anything.
Yep but our legal firearms we own are the problem. Portland metro area will be the next Gotham city. 114 is just the start we have biden now pushing for bans and atf getting ready to ban braces. We got a long road a head of us.

Measure 114 , by design making it more inconvenient, expensive, to purchase a firearm, so inconvenient that many will just choose not to own guns. Next step for government, let's ban all "" assault rifles " government chipping away at rights, because somehow that's palatable to the masses, who don't see it it , or who don't care.

private sales will be back, black market, and easier to get it from Victor Bout .....all thanks to LEVO
fc.jpg

Measure 114 , by design making it more inconvenient, expensive, to purchase a firearm, so inconvenient that many will just choose not to own guns. Next step for government, let's ban all "" assault rifles " government chipping away at rights, because somehow that's palatable to the masses, who don't see it it , or who don't care.
I think many don't care. Firearms are not important to many people. Even those who own one or two might not care about restrictions being implemented. The members on this forum represent a tiny fraction of the population in this State. I would venture to say a greater percentage of the population are more concerned about global warming then whether they can easily buy a gun or not.

Last Edited:
Not really. Gun sales at a record low no one is applying for a permit..... why is there so much gun violence still? They keep coming after our rights and keep promoting drugs and homeless ticking time bomb
I don't see guns sales at a record low. Possibly nationwide but not in Oregon. 2022 will definitely be one for the record books, thanks entirely to 114. I hope end of year sales will be 3x-4x above average.

Next year if 114 goes into effect.
I obviously don't know the final number of gun sales in Oregon for 2022, but I can't see it being beat for many years if ever. Because of the ridiculousness of the wording of 114 and the lack of urgency of the system to put a policy at work, many people saw no other choice than to double down on their gun purchases. In the end, that in itself may help 114 to backfire. Also it could help in language about common use guns and other areas in court.

I obviously don't know the final number of gun sales in Oregon for 2022, but I can't see it being beat for many years if ever. Because of the ridiculousness of the wording of 114 and the lack of urgency of the system to put a policy at work, many people saw no other choice than to double down on their gun purchases. In the end, that in itself may help 114 to backfire. Also it could help in language about common use guns and other areas in court.
Yep and the "loophole" that m114 supposedly "closes" was never used before. Now it's being used because it's the only way around their clusterfudge.

NO,
I will be okay with what I have until I retire in 5-6 years, then I will leave the state which I've called home for most of my life.
I'll have to wait to replace all the ones that got lost in the boating accident till then.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top