JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will You Apply For Permit To Purchase If Measure 114 Withstands Legal Challenges And PTP Program Is

• No

Votes: 294 86.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 45 13.3%

• Total voters
There's a multitude of reasons it passed.

1. Those in favor had more than 10x the funding of those against.
2. The powers that be allowed misleading framing of the measure on the ballot.
3. A disproportionate number of voters in Oregon are unprincipled NPC's and are ok with losing rights that they don't personally use.
17x the funding. All we needed to do was raise enough doubts in its ability to reduce crime and it would have failed to gather enough signatures. The paid signature gatherers just wandered around community events and left-wing activities saying, "sign here for gun safety ". We should have wandered around the same events with small handouts showing the worst aspects and deceptions. Raise enough doubts and they figure "why risk it?"

Last Edited:
Poll question in title, please vote no or yes.

If you vote no please share why and how you will fill the void of not being able to receive transfers of firearms through FFLs any longer.

If you voted yes, thanks for your time.
No, donated to OFF yesterday and I believe they can make the nonsense go away, better than anyone. Please donate ANYTHING to OFF as the nra hasn't done S#it to help us on 114.

There's a multitude of reasons it passed.

1. Those in favor had more than 10x the funding of those against.
2. The powers that be allowed misleading framing of the measure on the ballot.
3. A disproportionate number of voters in Oregon are unprincipled NPC's and are ok with losing rights that they don't personally use.
5. People are stupid and don't bother actually using their brains to weigh information so they can make an informed decision. Instead, the stupid listen and believe out right LIES and vote accordingly.

5. People are stupid and don't bother actually using their brains to weigh information so they can make an informed decision. Instead, the stupid listen and believe out right LIES and vote accordingly.
A lot were duped by being lied to. The ballot information was completely biased. It told the antis what they wanted to hear. Read the first few lines and agree with what you saw.

My friend with the gun shop said he has had several people come in to buy a gun expecting that there would no longer be background checks. They've all said they voted for 114 because it eliminated BGCs. No idea how they came to that conclusion, but at least some of the support for it came from those people.

My friend with the gun shop said he has had several people come in to buy a gun expecting that there would no longer be background checks. They've all said they voted for 114 because it eliminated BGCs. No idea how they came to that conclusion, but at least some of the support for it came from those people.
If you and this person are friendly perhaps you can ask them where they heard it was to eliminate background checks. Maybe the antis were intentionally circulating false info in a way that can be used in a lawsuit

Since he said all of them appeared to be people who couldn't pass a BGC, and none of them pursued the purchase once they found out they did in fact have to pass a BGC, I think the demographic is obvious. Did they really vote?? Who knows. If you asked about their source of the information I'm sure you would get an "I heard...". Just thought it interesting that a number of people, without any known connection, had the same idea about 114 and BGCs.

Last Edited:
Since he said all of them appeared to be people would couldn't pass a BGC, and none of them pursued the purchase once they found out they did in fact have to pass a BGC, I think the demographic is obvious. Did they really vote?? Who knows. If you asked about their source of the information I'm sure you would get an "I heard...". Just thought it interesting that a number of people, without any known connection, had the same idea about 114 and BGCs.
Lying about public policy is worse than lying about a real estate or product sale, but carries no penalty.

It passed because they wanted it to be. The "voters" had nothing to do with it passing. It would have passed even with zero people voting.
Even with people voting against it, we all know Oregon laws are decided by Portland and Eugene. So if you live outside of those counties your just a formality when it comes to voting. I mean I knew the idiots that live here in Benton county would vote for it, they think the sun rises and sets in the Willamette Valley with zero risk to property or self. The Libs here are more than happy to vote your rights away so they can sleep better at night knowing that 30 round mag next door is not going to walk over beat down their door and hurt them.

Last Edited:
No, donated to OFF yesterday and I believe they can make the nonsense go away, better than anyone. Please donate ANYTHING to OFF as the nra hasn't done S#it to help us on 114.
I wholeheartedly support the OFF, heck I bought the Oregon concealed handgun booklet that they published that describes all the laws when it comes to protecting yourself in Oregon back when I got my CHL. However, I feel that they kinda landed on their face last week with the federal court. It's not their fault, it was the judges. I looked at the current federal judge here in Oregon, Karin Immergut, and noticed she had a hand/advocated for the start of the national "Project Safe Neighborhoods". That's when I realized we are screwed on getting an injunction from the federal court. Shoot, she even denied the state's request for a 60 days extension and only gave 30 days! Now with bigger players entering the game now, I have higher hopes! Also, I came across an article about 114 the other day from KOIN 6 news and they spelled her name "Karen" instead of Karin🤣😂😆🤣.

Can someone tell me what the status of nonresident firearm purchases will look like? If a WA resident wants to buy a shotgun in OR, will they need a PTP under 114?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top