JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will You Apply For Permit To Purchase If Measure 114 Withstands Legal Challenges And PTP Program Is

• No

Votes: 294 86.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 45 13.3%

• Total voters
I would suggest that refusing to get a permit doesn't mean we have to give up acquiring/creating new firearms. It will mean that our options for acquiring/creating new firearms will be more limited.
Maybe it's not so much a sign of weakness "Paying" for a permit to acquire a right under the Constitution? Every law abiding person/citizen of the U.S., should be able to be armed with at least one fire arm if they want. But there still needs to be people to hold these liars and thieves of our freedoms responsible for the damage they've done, and are doing, to our country.
I wrote earlier that I really don't need any more. I figure a LOT of us are like that. We just want more because it's a hobby, passion! Hopefully a "License to Purchase" a gun won't stop any one from becoming a new gun owner! And hopefully the fight against this illegal law will never stop.

You make a good point and I do have a couple of 80% builds collecting dust that I need to finish. If only we could readily build big bore revolvers and lever guns! 😉
I just ordered two 80% sub compact frames and I haven't even started drilling/cutting my full size frames yet. Measure 114 may reduce the overall number of guns being sold but it's going to create a lot more demand for nonserialized firearm creation and undocumented transfers.

I just ordered two 80% sub compact frames and I haven't even started drilling/cutting my full size frames yet. Measure 114 may reduce the overall number of guns being sold but it's going to create a lot more demand for nonserialized firearm creation and undocumented transfers.
Yeah... thank you very frigging much! 2 more for me too... but I won't say how many incompletes I already have and barely clipped the tabs off of one in the pile a couple days ago, but got distrated and that's as far as it went.

Speaking of which.. I was testing a new flush cutter. Worked really well!! Smaller than what I had and easier to get in on the forward tabs.

Last Edited:
Yeah... thank you very frigging much! 2 more for me too... but I won't say how many incompletes I already have and barely clipped the tabs off of one in the pile a couple days ago, but got distrated and that's as far as it went.
It won't surprise me if they come up with more rules to further restrict sales of these 80% blanks, so I figured I might as well stock up on a few when a good deal comes along.

... the freedom haters might be getting what they want if we all decline to get the permit...
I don't see it that way. I see it as refusing to play by their rules. If you have to pay for your right, it is not Liberty, it is Tyranny.

It it time for We the People to remind them that they are supposed to be a government OF the People, BY the People, FOR the People.

I don't have anything against those that have to jump through the unconstitutional hoops to get a gun. I had time and money on my side. 2016 was a wake up call though.

More guns have sold these last weeks than the antis anticipated, so there's spit in their eyes. Local guns stores will suffer in the future but they are going out with a bang. Unfortunately I think Amazon wins in the accessories department for all those gun sales. Hopefully the local gun store can reorganize and sale other stuff until 114 can be abolished.

Last Edited:
I don't have anything against those that have to jump through the unconditional hoops to get a gun. I had time and money on my side. 2016 was a wake up call though.

More guns have sold these last weeks than the antis anticipated, so there's spit in their eyes. Local guns stores will suffer in the future but they are going out with a bang. Unfortunately I think Amazon wins in the accessories department for all those gun sales. Hopefully the local gun store can reorganize and sale other stuff until 114 can be abolished.
The FFLs that survive are going to be the ones that are good at online out of state sales. That probably means a presence on Gunbroker or similar platforms. They will be still be able to purchase guns from Oregonians and there will be less legal competition from buyers. That may mean they can offer less money to Oregon sellers and make more profit selling them to out of state buyers.

I don't have anything against those that have to jump through the unconstitutional hoops to get a gun. I had time and money on my side. 2016 was a wake up call though.

If I there was a store with a lot of gun accessories, I would buy local even if it was $5 more. Being able to get my hands on stuff before I buy would be awesome. I don't know how many times I ordered something and returned it because I did not like it. Building a AR on local inventory kinda sucks you have to go to 5 different stores to buy everything you need/want. I know some FFLs will stay open and will need to change their inventory around. If the law suit doesn't hold back 114 the stores that stay open will need support to stay open.

Last Edited:
It won't surprise me if they come up with more rules to further restrict sales of these 80% blanks, so I figured I might as well stock up on a few when a good deal comes along.
I'm only surprised they haven't already. It seems like the Scary Ghost Gun narrative has quieted down a bit lately. Probably because they have bigger ideas, like banning all semi-autos.

I'm only surprised they haven't already. It seems like the Scary Ghost Gun narrative has quieted down a bit lately. Probably because they have bigger ideas, like banning all semi-autos.
I think they were being quiet for the election. I don't think anything will be passed as Federal legislation anytime soon but I can see the DOJ/ATF continue to change the rules of the game.

I'm torn by the thought that the freedom haters might be getting what they want if we all decline to get the permit. Fewer guns being sold, gun stores going out of business, etc. Also, there are a lot of holes in my personal collection that are not going to be filled before Dec. 8th. Setting those things aside however, it goes against every fiber of my being to cooperate with their scheme. I do not want to edify the idea that we should be required to beg on our hands and knees for permission to exercise a God given right. Therefore based on what I know right now I will not be getting that permit any time soon.
We already get on our knees and beg when we submit to a BGC. Every single gun law from 1934, at least, is unconstitutional.

Speaking of which.. I was testing a new flush cutter. Worked really well!! Smaller than what I had and easier to get in on the forward tabs.

I find a CNC single point broaching tool works great on the HAAS VF2SS mill since it has incremental indexing. Finishes mag wells from billet aluminum bocks too, no wire EDM here. (Wire EDM on the "maybe in the future" list of tools) ;)

The FFLs that survive are going to be the ones that are good at online out of state sales. That probably means a presence on Gunbroker or similar platforms. They will be still be able to purchase guns from Oregonians and there will be less legal competition from buyers. That may mean they can offer less money to Oregon sellers and make more profit selling them to out of state buyers.
Agree, this pushes most brick and mortar shops that do not own their own buildings out. If a LGS is paying full market for their commercial location, yet doing most sales on line eeaking out that 3% or 4% net on sales after all costs its would be very hard to still eat. The services side will be key, gun smith and indoor range services. Yet if I was a LGS I would not be so encouraged to double down and spend the $500k (WAG) to install a range in Oregon.

I look south to CA. There are still gun shops just very few and mostly just outside of populated areas it seams.

Unfortunately I really think the very large, (Cabela's) and small, like home based like Forum Supporter Glen with Click NW Arms in Dundee, are the ones that will survive. Unless a small commercial sized business has other revenue streams like a pawnshop, it will be very difficult to make a living.

75DEE60B-15F5-454C-BC3B-FD19B8BD5932.jpeg

I voted no for a few reasons:
  • I have a pretty complete collection already.
  • I shifted to home building a few years ago.
  • There's a high probability of escaping this state in the near term.
In the meantime I'm thankful for Bruen and hope what we're seeing post-Bruen is the last gasps at relevancy by the anti-gunners.

Voted hell no - have no intention of following the corrupt Oregon government.

Been preparing for this day for 10 years (been able to really afford to stock up) and fighting the anti gun group here for over 50 years. Knew this day would come since there are no consequences for the anti gun group to file bill after bill and ballot measure after ballot measure - it was only a matter of time :mad::mad::mad:.

Have enough 80%'s to last the rest of my life, at least the rest of my life in Oregon. If BM (bowel movement) 114 holds up, we''re be putting the house up for sale and escaping this political cesspool.

Those of you saying you don't want to be part of a registry are smoking crack. If you own firearms your already part of the ATF's registry that supposedly does not exist but it does. They have a building in Virginia that houses over 1 Billion firearms transactions and DROS records. They are currently scanning them into a computer daily making a registry, and this has been ongoing for a while now. There was even a video uploaded to YouTube with cameras inside the building and agents talking about how they have people on 10 hour shifts doing nothing but feeding the records into a scanner to be put into a database.

Last Edited:
Those of you saying you don't want to be part of a registry are smoking crack. If you own firearms your already part of the ATF's registry that supposedly does not exist but it does.
everyone knows this. Weve been told the new law creates a new registry thats open to the public to search.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top