JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will You Apply For Permit To Purchase If Measure 114 Withstands Legal Challenges And PTP Program Is

• No

Votes: 294 86.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 45 13.3%

• Total voters
Say you're already grandfathered in with the 30 guns you currently own. You apply for a permit for a .22 single shot and are denied. Common sense says, oh well, for that 22. But what to say, you are now deemed a risk for what you've owned for decades?
I'm not sure if you mean if your purchase permit application get's denied or if you get a permit but your BGC on a .22 get's denied, but I dunno if it matters. The end result is likely the same.

With the new alphabet guidelines for FFL's, they must report your private info to the alphabet and also to local LE for any delay or denial on a 4473. That sounds to me like they plan to keep folks in a "warning" database and "could" choose to follow up with a person if they are denied. If that's their intention then it makes sense they would do it for a denied purchase permit, too.

If LE recieved a denial (or delay) an a permit application OR 4473.. I would imagine that would red flag you the same and would be on their radar to possibly follow up with an investigation if they wanted to.

If all of that is true, then I would say... Yeah. If they are investigating you for cause for a denial, they might look a little harder as to why if they also know you own mulitple firearms. Hence, "higher risk".

Unless you really foul up I don't "believe" anything would come of it and they would'nt start up a fishing trip on you, but they are putting in the groundwork and structure to be ABLE to... if they see fit to.

I don't think they have any specific recourse to confiscate previously owned guns simply for a denial.... yet! But they could be heading that direction. IE., A BGC or purchase permit denial is cause to deem you "dangerous", it's reported to LE, they see you are "dangerous" and already own firearms... so they use a red flag law on you to confiscate your gear.

if I was a woke-tard... that sounds like a pretty good game plan to me!

;)

Last Edited:
I'm not sure if you mean if your purchase permit application get's denied or if you get a permit but your BGC on a .22 get's denied, but I dunno if it matters. The end result is likely the same.

With the new alphabet guidelines for FFL's, they must report your private info to the alphabet and also to local LE for any delay or denial on a 4473. That sounds to me like they plan to keep folks in a "warning" database and "could" choose to follow up with a person if they are denied. If that's their intention then it makes sense they would do it for a denied purchase permit, too.

If LE recieved a denial (or delay) an a permit application OR 4473.. I would imagine that would red flag you the same and would be on their radar to possibly follow up with an investigation if they wanted to.

If all of that is true, then I would say... Yeah. If they are investigating you for cause for a denial, they might look a little harder as to why if they also know you own mulitple firearms. Hence, "higher risk".

Unless you really foul up I don't "believe" anything would come of it and they would'nt start up a fishing trip on you, but they are putting in the groundwork and structure to be ABLE to... if they see fit to.

I don't think they have any specific recourse to confiscate previously owned guns simply for a denial.... yet! But they could be heading that direction. IE., A BGC or purchase permit denial is cause to deem you "dangerous" and use a red flag law on you to confiscate your gear.

;)
All summed up in one word… Arbitrary.

The reason we have a Constitution in the first place.

BTW… Hell NO

Last Edited:
Lmao non of those shooting are lawbiding citizens. Decriminalization of drugs and now no slavery anymore. Then to top it off disarm the good guys chit is going to get really bad. Kinda hope it does so they can sleep in the crap they have been spewing out their mouths.
It won't mean anything to them. They'll STILL see it as a "Gun Problem" and not a people problem. I think deep inside these people know that America's freedom based society has been damaged in the last five years. With the last three years being very destructive to people's psyche. There's proof of that everywhere with all the random shootings. Just seeing all the people that still wear masks is also proof enough.
I do have a chl, but I won't be getting a permit. Read this in an article.

"The measure is expected to cost both state and local governments $55 million in the first biennium and about $50 million for each successive biennium, according to a preliminary state estimate. Local governments would get up to $19.5 million annually from permit fees based on 300,000 applications a year."

I don't know for sure obviously, but I highly doubt they'll get an annual return of $19.5 million from permitting fees. I am assuming they are assuming everyone that buys guns is getting a permit. That's not the case. So who's paying for this system then? Rhetorical question.
They figure all those "Gun Nuts" are going to run right out and get those permits! We'll see. :rolleyes:
They said the same thing about the taxes of gun sales in Seattle. Their forecast never pan out to be true and they know it. Also, they know there is never accountability or backlash for the politicians that promise the results.
That was hilarious! But they don't even realize how ignorant and stupid they are. They just kept on that same path and are still on it today.

They figure all those "Gun Nuts" are going to run right out and get those permits! We'll see. :rolleyes:
It's highly likely not realisitc, but if it really played out that only 10% actually go for a permit... that's only 2mil in fee revenue, which is an 18mil shortfall stacked on top of the 30mil shortfall they're already looking at. Not at all pretty....

I am going to wait and see what the permit process ends up being. Whether 114 was indented to freeze sales, that is what it will do to my purchasing.

It won't mean anything to them. They'll STILL see it as a "Gun Problem" and not a people problem. I think deep inside these people know that America's freedom based society has been damaged in the last five years. With the last three years being very destructive
It's also a location problem. A few key areas across the country. In our case, a few cities. Narrow that down to a few people derelict in their duties. Governor, Mayor, DA, city council. Possibly 10 people replaced by competent leadership will save more lives than any gun control.

It's also a location problem. A few key areas across the country. In our case, a few cities. Narrow that down to a few people derelict in their duties. Governor, Mayor, DA, city council. Possibly 10 people replaced by competent leadership will save more lives than any gun control.
Problem is, you have to have a certain kind of citizens to elect them. I don't think we'll ever have that here, unfortunately. The last couple of local/state elections have proved that.

Problem is, you have to have a certain kind of citizens to elect them. I don't think we'll ever have that here, unfortunately. The last couple of local/state elections have proved that.
It generally holds true that those that seek to hold political office are of the types that are wholely unsuited to serve... while those who would be are too smart to ever want the job.

I've always thought that gooberment and pulic officials should be nominated by the public and service is compulsory.

Paul Harrell for Governor! :s0140:

It won't mean anything to them. They'll STILL see it as a "Gun Problem" and not a people problem. I think deep inside these people know that America's freedom based society has been damaged in the last five years. With the last three years being very destructive to people's psyche. There's proof of that everywhere with all the random shootings. Just seeing all the people that still wear masks is also proof enough.

That was hilarious! But they don't even realize how ignorant and stupid they are. They just kept on that same path and are still on it today.
Yep I know. I say let them burn their own city down. At this point I hope they realize their mistakes when it's too late.

Hell, this bill pissed me off enough that I may got
from carrying one extra 17 round mag to two extra 17 round mags just as a F-CK YOU! I'll continue to live my life.

There are no cops anymore. And if cops do show up it's minutes if not hours after the crime has already been committed. I'm my families and my own first response. I take that responsibility seriously. No politician or religious group is going to get in my way.

Hell, this bill pissed me off enough that I may got
from carrying one extra 17 round mag to two extra 17 round mags just as a F-CK YOU! I'll continue to live my life.

There are no cops anymore. And if cops do show up it's minutes if not hours after the crime has already been committed. I'm my families and my own first response. I take that responsibility seriously. No politician or religious group is going to get in my way.
I've often wondered to myself at what point in the draconian gun control my response would be to just purchase a brass catcher.

Poll question in title, please vote no or yes.

If you vote no please share why and how you will fill the void of not being able to receive transfers of firearms through FFLs any longer.

If you voted yes, thanks for your time.
I voted NO because between my age and inventory I don't won't need to acquire more guns. I have been preparing for this BS for years.

I'm torn by the thought that the freedom haters might be getting what they want if we all decline to get the permit. Fewer guns being sold, gun stores going out of business, etc. Also, there are a lot of holes in my personal collection that are not going to be filled before Dec. 8th. Setting those things aside however, it goes against every fiber of my being to cooperate with their scheme. I do not want to edify the idea that we should be required to beg on our hands and knees for permission to exercise a God given right. Therefore based on what I know right now I will not be getting that permit any time soon.

I'm torn by the thought that the freedom haters might be getting what they want if we all decline to get the permit. Fewer guns being sold, gun stores going out of business, etc. Also, there are a lot of holes in my personal collection that are not going to be filled before Dec. 8th. Setting those things aside however, it goes against every fiber of my being to cooperate with their scheme. I do not want to edify the idea that we should be required to beg on our hands and knees for permission to exercise a God given right. Therefore based on what I know right now I will not be getting that permit any time soon.
I would suggest that refusing to get a permit doesn't mean we have to give up acquiring/creating new firearms. It will mean that our options for acquiring/creating new firearms will be more limited.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top