JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will You Apply For Permit To Purchase If Measure 114 Withstands Legal Challenges And PTP Program Is

• No

Votes: 294 86.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 45 13.3%

• Total voters
Those of you saying you don't want to be part of a registry are smoking crack. If you own firearms your already part of the ATF's registry that supposedly does not exist but it does.
Of course it exists, but speak for yourself, buddy! Some folks have never purchased a firearm under a 4473 and aren't about to start! Whose smokin crack, now? 🤣

Know your audience. :s0155:

It hurts my heart to see where our beautiful state has gone. . . To answer the question with out a bunch of words, no. I will not be submitting to a permit to purchase. It's wrong and I hope enough people agree. Long live freedom.

To me, here's the thing. FBI stats show that less than 5% of all traceable (a serial number still present) firearms traces ever lead back to any viable suspect and only a fraction of those ever contribute to a successful prosecution. They also report that, beyond doing a stolen firearm check, very few LE offices do an actual SN trace on any regular basis because they are known to be highly unproductive and burn valuable resources better utilized pursuing other avenues. Typically, traces are only done in very high profile cases or when all other leads have been exhausted. Kind of a "hail mary".

So.. why the hard sell for every firearm to be serialized and registered in a national database to fight crime?? Why are they pushing so hard if it's an established known fact to be a highly ineffective tool?

The only thing I can come up with is that it's all a scam and has nothing to do with solving crimes. (Shock!) It's simply a veiled power move to track and control law abiding citizens. For all intents and purposes... that's about all it's really good for, anyway.

I'm all for combating crime, but not at the expense of marginalizing my freedoms in the off chance it "might" help lead to a suspect in a crime "someday, if we get lucky". If the real intent is to track "me"... as it seems to be... even though I may not fully know why they want to track how I choose to use my right to bear arms... even if it may be entirely innocent... I still say a big whopping, "sit on a railroad spike and spin, buddy!!"

This is still America and I won't play that game.

~Soapbox end...

Last Edited:
I voted "No" as I won't volunteer for their publicly publishable list. It's like a treasure map for criminals who want to steal guns!

For those of you who think you'll just build 80% guns, the Legislature has already been eying that and I'm certain it will be "addressed" in the upcoming legislative session.

I'm also certain that once things are put in place the "Permit to Purchase" will become a "Permit to Own/Possess", so I've got my sights set on greener (freer) pastures, Lord willing. After fighting this for many years, it's evident where we're headed and I'm afraid the only option left for me is to try and take my money and talents elsewhere despite what I may have to give up in the way of my career and pension…

We're looking to move to Idaho sooner than later now. Hopefully 2 1/2 years max and we're out.

So my answer is probably not.

I'm just starting to build a ruger mark 2 got my barrel and bolt from eBay and have the dimensions for the receiver. currently looking for a mark 1 or 2 grip frame.

Last Edited:
Like a needle in a haystack.

I know i asked somewhere, even shared a screensbot of a part of the law on thus but never got a reply and now cant find that thread.
It's a real mess. As I understand there will be a list of permit holders. But there is no indication that "Myself" or "You" can just log in and see who has a permit to purchase. The hand ringing was/is coming from those that believe we are just one step closer to confiscation because of the new data base that will have permit holders names. That is my take on it, from what I've read. It is true though, as far as I'm concerned, it is in fact one step closer. To something.

It's a real mess. As I understand there will be a list of permit holders. But there is no indication that "Myself" or "You" can just log in and see who has a permit to purchase.
LEVO own website says its an "improved list" to track guns....

Its not clear what that means, and i have no doubt they would love to expose every gunowner we know that much.

It passed because the left is willing to continue their evil agenda… and the right won't make the tough decisions needed to stop it. Lot's of tough talk… but not getting the results needed.

Hopefully there will come a day very soon that the righteous citizens will take action to say no more to the evil we are experiencing… which is disguised as good in many ways. We must be willing to sacrifice everything we possess to keep what those who came before us have earned.

Many people think evil is good and good is evil now a days.

There's a multitude of reasons it passed.

1. Those in favor had more than 10x the funding of those against.
2. The powers that be allowed misleading framing of the measure on the ballot.
3. A disproportionate number of voters in Oregon are unprincipled NPC's and are ok with losing rights that they don't personally use.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top