JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is everyone interested in who visits the hunting section?

• Big Game

Votes: 41 87.2%
  • Waterfowl

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Upland Birds

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Varmits

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Wildlife

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters
Interest and participation in the "Hunting" section definitely comes and goes with the seasons.... Autumn is the busiest time for commenting, by far...

I'm interested in it all, I especially love the diversity of wildlife pictured in the Wildlife Pics thread.

Small game , grouse and big game , are my "big three".
I like hunting ...getting out away from the everyday grind.

Being a actual part of nature , taking part of the life cycle...giving respect to the land and animal hunted is a very important aspect of hunting with me as well.
Andy

Last Edited:
I like Frogs!

OK, I like hunting period! Big game hunting puts lots of meat in the freezer, waterfowling puts lots of food in the fridge, and upland birds put lots of food in the pot, It's all good!

Now, add lots of fishing, and were almost self sufficient in this modern world we live in!

I like big game hunting and the yearly sharing of stories full of success and failure. I like seeing what tools each hunter chooses, I like seeing the buildup to opening day.

Small game , grouse and big game , are my "big three".
I like hunting ...getting out away from the everyday grind.

Being a actual part of nature , taking part of the life cycle...giving respect to the land and animal hunted is a very important aspect of hunting with me as well.
Andy
Small game and grouse are small, so how can they be in the "big three"?

Well now....its just a matter of perspective.
Yes small game is small...and grouse can be small as well.
But....
The excitement offered and satisfaction given by them is very big.
Andy
I'd take a good day of quale hunting with my doggy buddy over any other kind of hunting, especially when my huntin buddy has to stay home! Besides, quale is a meal fit for kings if ya know what yer doin! I'd take Ring Necks as a close second too!

Best gun dog ever, Old Goof, my dearly departed, may he hunt the endless fields and waters of heaven! This dog never missed a drop, no matter how deep a bird went in the brush, or how far out it swam! You cant buy that, ether the dog has it or it don't! I will forever miss him, he would run to the truck and scratch at the tail gate till I let him in, and when I got the shotgun out of the safe, I had to keep it out of his reach otherwise he would proudly drag it around the house to the font door to help!
1646531543360.png

Years ago this forum started a dedicated hunting forum but it never took off (link below).
Otherwise there really isnt a better source of local hunting discussion than this Northwest Fireams hunting section... the members here that hunt are experienced and top notch and if someone posts or asks a question here any time of year it will usually get answered.

I like hunting and the wildlife. My hunting seasons only lasts about a month and a half combined out of the entire year. That leaves over ten months to set game cameras, shed hunt, or just grab my binos and head for the woods. I love watching and getting in the middle of the wildlife just as much as I enjoy hunting them. Elk and bear are much better company than people and they surely taste better.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top