JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should privacy outweigh the desire to purchase firearms at a given time?

• Yes. FTF all the way or no deal.

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Sometimes. It's good to have a mix of FTF and FFL purchases.

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • I don't really worry about the BATFE. In a SHTF scenario, I will be bugging out anyways.

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • The government will never abuse the Second Ammendment.

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
Reactions
In a perfect world, no one would have to fill out paperwork with the BATFE in order to purchase a new firearm. Those who wish to keep their names out of a BATFE database pursue private transactions. However, that strategy limits the availability of firearms to purchase. So, my question is, should the desire for privacy outweigh the desire to purchase firearms?

I love FTF but if we all bought all our firearms FTF who would there be to sell us kool new toys!?!?

I'm 50/50 but I wish there was no database period. It just isn't any of the governments business to track the law abiding! get rid of the criminals guns, I'm kool with that but quit keeping a file on me already! Obviously there is an agenda at work here because there is no reason for you (the government) to track lawful peoples weapons.

By now, they already have my number. Sometimes I get a really great deal from an FFL, so why pass it up. If a buddy is selling something FTF, then I'll get that too. I try not to get paranoid about the gubment knowing what I have.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I am trying to gauge how my perspective on the likelihood of firearm confiscation relative to other members here. Sometimes I think that it won't really come to that, but then I think of the confiscation after Katrina. Did they have BATFE records to use in their sweeps? Or did they just hit every house?

I don't mind buying used but if I'm going to buy used I want 40-70% of new pricing and you just can't find that in the used gun market. Typical seems to be 90% of new. If I'm only saving 10% I might as well buy used and know what I'm getting.

As already stated the gooberment already has my number so what's one more?

I love FTF but if we all bought all our firearms FTF who would there be to sell us kool new toys!?!?

I'm 50/50 but I wish there was no database period. It just isn't any of the governments business to track the law abiding! get rid of the criminals guns, I'm kool with that but quit keeping a file on me already! Obviously there is an agenda at work here because there is no reason for you (the government) to track lawful peoples weapons.

Its really a catch 22, you cant restrict criminals without compromising the Law abidings Constitutional rights. I say, screw it. Don't have any laws that pretend to hinder the bad guys from getting their weapons. If I have all my Constitutional rights in tact and undefiled, I can manage criminals on my own just fine. I accept the fact that freedom is dangerous, slippery, hard to hold onto. If it was any less, it wouldn't be Freedom.

Its really a catch 22, you cant restrict criminals without compromising the Law abidings Constitutional rights. I say, screw it. Don't have any laws that pretend to hinder the bad guys from getting their weapons. If I have all my Constitutional rights in tact and undefiled, I can manage criminals on my own just fine. I accept the fact that freedom is dangerous, slippery, hard to hold onto. If it was any less, it wouldn't be Freedom.
I like that attitude! :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads