Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Poll: Private Transactions

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by fletcher, Aug 24, 2010.

1. fletcher

fletcher Washington Co. Member

In a perfect world, no one would have to fill out paperwork with the BATFE in order to purchase a new firearm. Those who wish to keep their names out of a BATFE database pursue private transactions. However, that strategy limits the availability of firearms to purchase. So, my question is, should the desire for privacy outweigh the desire to purchase firearms?

2. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

I used to like FTF, but since I decided to get NFA goodies it kinda took that option off the table...

so now 50/50

3. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

I think the third option should be simply:
    I don't really worry about the BATFE.
    The second sentence - the reason why - isn't relevant.

4. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

+1

5. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

I love FTF but if we all bought all our firearms FTF who would there be to sell us kool new toys!?!?

I'm 50/50 but I wish there was no database period. It just isn't any of the governments business to track the law abiding! get rid of the criminals guns, I'm kool with that but quit keeping a file on me already! Obviously there is an agenda at work here because there is no reason for you (the government) to track lawful peoples weapons.

6. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

By now, they already have my number. Sometimes I get a really great deal from an FFL, so why pass it up. If a buddy is selling something FTF, then I'll get that too. I try not to get paranoid about the gubment knowing what I have.

7. JUSTIficatioN

JUSTIficatioN Seattle, Wa Member

If I can't find what I'm lookin for in a FTF deal in reasonable amount of time I have no problem buying from an FFL if the price is right. Which one of you jokers chose option 4?!?!?

8. fletcher

fletcher Washington Co. Member

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I am trying to gauge how my perspective on the likelihood of firearm confiscation relative to other members here. Sometimes I think that it won't really come to that, but then I think of the confiscation after Katrina. Did they have BATFE records to use in their sweeps? Or did they just hit every house?

9. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

I don't mind buying used but if I'm going to buy used I want 40-70% of new pricing and you just can't find that in the used gun market. Typical seems to be 90% of new. If I'm only saving 10% I might as well buy used and know what I'm getting.

As already stated the gooberment already has my number so what's one more?

10. g.i. joe

g.i. joe Portland Active Member

Its really a catch 22, you cant restrict criminals without compromising the Law abidings Constitutional rights. I say, screw it. Don't have any laws that pretend to hinder the bad guys from getting their weapons. If I have all my Constitutional rights in tact and undefiled, I can manage criminals on my own just fine. I accept the fact that freedom is dangerous, slippery, hard to hold onto. If it was any less, it wouldn't be Freedom.

11. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

I like that attitude! :thumbup: