1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Little support for gun control

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Sun195, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

But, somewhat of a split on whether gun laws are responsible:

Given the title of the article, I was expecting to see somewhat stronger numbers against new gun laws.

There is some consensus on blaming a lack of resources to treat mental health issues:

Link to: CNN/Opinion Research Poll

ETA: I think this is actually kind of a bad poll (and maybe a misread by Politico). The key question (18) is whether the incident makes the respondent more likely, less likely or about the same in their support for more gun laws. Politico looks at the "more likely" response (28%) and concludes that it shows low support for more gun laws. However, within the 69% who said their support for gun laws had not changed, it's possible that respondents who already supported more gun laws may not have changed their mind as a result of this incident - i.e. they still want more laws. So, the total who want more laws may be much higher than the 28% suggested by the article. I think that's perhaps shown in the close split on question 19 between those who blame gun laws for the incident and those who don't.
  2. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

3. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

But the problem is that most politicians don't care about the polls, they only care about what THEY want.

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
    Not everyone posts it I guess.

NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
    WAC member
    SWWAC member
  4. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

They care about them when they say what they want to hear, and ignore them when they say something different.

(Actually, they may care about them either way, but they certainly won't tout them if they don't line-up with their preconceived ideas)
  5. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

Did you notice how they handled this shooting over Ft. Hood. Huge difference in action and talk.