JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From an article on Politico:

Most Americans have not changed their views on gun control following the shooting nine days ago in Tucson, according to a CNN/Opinion Research poll out Monday.

Sixty-nine percent of those polled said the shooting that left six dead and injured 13, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), has not changed their opinion on gun control. Twenty-eight percent said the shooting has made them "more likely" to support stricter controls on the sale of firearms, while 3 percent were "less likely."

But, somewhat of a split on whether gun laws are responsible:

Fifty-two percent said lenient gun sale laws deserve either a "great deal" or a "moderate amount" of blame, while 47 percent believe gun laws should not be held responsible for the incident.

Given the title of the article, I was expecting to see somewhat stronger numbers against new gun laws.

There is some consensus on blaming a lack of resources to treat mental health issues:

The leading target for blame in the poll was resources available to deal with mental illness. Seventy percent of respondents said that issue deserves blame for the incident.

Link to: CNN/Opinion Research Poll

ETA: I think this is actually kind of a bad poll (and maybe a misread by Politico). The key question (18) is whether the incident makes the respondent more likely, less likely or about the same in their support for more gun laws. Politico looks at the "more likely" response (28%) and concludes that it shows low support for more gun laws. However, within the 69% who said their support for gun laws had not changed, it's possible that respondents who already supported more gun laws may not have changed their mind as a result of this incident - i.e. they still want more laws. So, the total who want more laws may be much higher than the 28% suggested by the article. I think that's perhaps shown in the close split on question 19 between those who blame gun laws for the incident and those who don't.

They did not call me..

Me neither!!

But the problem is that most politicians don't care about the polls, they only care about what THEY want.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

But the problem is that most politicians don't care about the polls, they only care about what THEY want.

They care about them when they say what they want to hear, and ignore them when they say something different.

(Actually, they may care about them either way, but they certainly won't tout them if they don't line-up with their preconceived ideas)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top