JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This morning all three Polk County Commissioners supported a resolution supporting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms. The Sheriff, Bob Wolfe, also signed the resolution.

This resolution was presented by Dallas resident Mickey Garus, and a large crowd appeared at the work session Tuesday to support it. The Commissioners took the original resolution and put it in an official form, including adding a signature line for the Sheriff before signing it this morning.

Good work, Mickey!!

A tip of the hat to all three Commissioners: Mike Ainsworth, chairman, Jennifer Wheeler, and Craig Pope. Another tip of the hat to Sheriff Bob Wolfe, who didn't have to be involved, but stepped up anyway! :):):):)

Do these county resolutions hold weight? If they change state law I presume the county cant do anything to keep the police from arresting people for breaking new laws.

Kudos to all involved. Let's not forgot those behind the scenes. Kevin Starrett of OFF was highly instrumental in providing support on this. This is where some of your donations to OFFPAC are going! I believe this is the very definition of "grass roots politics" and it works!

Do these county resolutions hold weight? If they change state law I presume the county cant do anything to keep the police from arresting people for breaking new laws.
Probably about the same as legalizing marijuana by a state. It would still be illegal at the higher level, but the local level would not enforce that law.

This is more complicated because city police might still enforce the law in spite of the decision at the county level. Since the county has gone on record, activists can pressure each city to follow the guideline of the county. If that happened, only State Police would enforce those laws within that county.

This is a start. It is much better than doing nothing! :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top