JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is posted for your consideration, without implying it is the final word or even mostly accurate.

Eric S. Raymond is a very intelligent guy, pivotal in the open source software community, an outspoken libertarian. When he says something, I consider it carefully, even when I disagree. Perhaps most especially when I disagree.

Armed and Dangerous » Blog Archive » Politics as usual is over

It is worth wading through both the linked articles of his, and the comments- he has an unusually high signal/noise ratio among his commenters.

Very interesting. As much as I hate to say it, unless we have the courage honesty to admit that the massive entitlements must end I see the scenario he paints happening. The only question is how quick will it happen and just how bad it will get.

The biggest 'entitlement' of all is the 1.2 TRILLION dollar annual spending on so-called 'National Security'. Read this article:

<broken link removed>

People who argue for keeping this government monstrosity intact while cutting home heating assistance to Grandmother routinely pass themselves off as 'fiscally responsible', 'liberty loving', bla bla bla. As if.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top