JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
From the Law Enforcement Alliance of America website:
<broken link removed>
"We know, and research backs us up, an overwhelming majority of America's rank-and-file cops support private ownership of firearms."

So what? They follow orders and their opinions don't matter a damn. The politicians and political appointees who hand out orders to the cops are almost all anti-2A. All the letters that sheriffs are writing about how they will not enforce confiscation are meaningless theater. Gun control in America will not be so direct, and you can guarantee that those sheriffs will be arrested and locked up long before the final push.

If the rank and file truly support 2A, they should quit working for scumbags who don't.

Gun rights, free speech and God given inalienable rights are political by definition.
They are about the people who are governed by political powers.

Those people allow the political powers to run the government while retaining rights to live in peace and prosperity.
Those rights were created to be political so that they would establish limitation and measurement of government/political encroachments.
(A Built-In litmus test as it were.)

Thank God for the wisdom of the founders. You can still see the attitude of free men grumbling at those encroachments.
They may not have a clue as to what it all means or the history or the wisdom of the infrastructure of our free lands design ...
but by God ... they know when they are being bullied.

After reading all your posts so far. The thing that sticks out is everyone cherry picks their likes and disliked which is great for a free society. The constitution works because it works as a whole document. Who in the hell has every told anyone of you all that life is fair and perfect other than the liberal platform. How about liberty instead of the fair and perfect BS nobody ever talks about that. This cherry picking is what is leading to destruction of the constitution.

Liberals all like the borg collective way of thinking eliminating the individual that way they can then push there live style on others. Conservatives like to live and let live and stay the hell out of my life and business and at the same time don't make a big deal about who they help and when. There may be some of you libs on here that really do like the entire constitution and if so and you don't want to be lumped in with the progressives than stand up to your party publicly instead of showing all of us you circle the wagons and are just like them. When liberal politicians screw up, again they get cover. When a conservative politician screws up they step down resign get thrown out by there own party.

So what’s the commonality and like mindedness that would bring anyone together. My point to all of this is with these vast differences and the only commonality to some of both sides is the ability to shoot lead why would anyone want to partner up with the other side just on one thing especially as it relates to our constitution when the same people today will help you and tomorrow they will take your liberty in the blink of an eye.

Anyone who thinks this out of control behavior between Americans is normal than you have been doing it too long. Prior to this prez the country was never like this at the people’s level. Prior to this prez I could have cared less about politics and liberals cause is was live and let live. Now it is war because the party of tolerance and caring and for the little people are on a path to destroy what I grew up with and respected from our history as a nation. Until we get back to that which we love, it would be insanity to think things will change when the direction does not.

One last point if dems really think they are getting all they want from this new direction of our country, here a simple question.

When the constitution is done and gone, when the republicans are done and gone, when everything you have worked for done and gone including your ability to make decisions for your personal choices in life is done and gone, your children have no future, do you really think they won’t come after what’s left of your life next, if there is anything left to come after.

No one is Immune from Tyranny

I think the problem is that both parties think (or at least say) that they are upholding the constitution, but they're both tearing it down.

Either side of the aisle you're on, if you're taking the candy they're handing out, you're getting poisoned. I guess it's just a matter of what kind of poison you like the taste of.

I think the problem is that both parties think (or at least say) that they are upholding the constitution, but they're both tearing it down.

Either side of the aisle you're on, if you're taking the candy they're handing out, you're getting poisoned. I guess it's just a matter of what kind of poison you like the taste of.

If you check the source of the 'candy' you will see that very little of it comes from institutions that are pro gun. Most of it seems to come from places that are really into enslaving the general public with as little opposition as possible, and why deal with the pesky small arms if you don't have to.

I've been away from this site for about 2 years, I came back to report that everything I described as the means by which we would end loosing gun rights is happening, why a new shooting at a school in Texas is todays contribution. People who are 'just plain nuts' are out on a shooting spree, too bad they are too damn cowardly to do the honorable things just once in their miserable lives, and shoot themselves first.

Both sides may be offering their version of "poison", but I think people are reaching a point the better choose sides. Those that tend to say why vote, all politicians are the same may someday wonder how the heck did all this happen. What's the say? "You can be part of the problem or part of the solution", your choice. There is now perfect world. Those on the Right seem to accept that for the most part. There is evil in the world and we tend to try to fix it even of we do make mistakes. Those on the Left seem to say "...all we are saying is give peace a chance...". They seem to believe if we all just had good thoughts (good karma) we would all be happy and no evil would exist.

Assumptions and generalizations do not make for good arguments. The liberals will not be convinced by conservative rhetoric, nor conservatives by theirs.

essentially

When you start like this

"Liberals all like the borg collective way of thinking eliminating the individual that way they can then push there live style on others."

everything that comes after it is just drivel. It's a false premise to start with and anything you derive from that base point is also false.

essentially

When you start like this

"Liberals all like the borg collective way of thinking eliminating the individual that way they can then push there live style on others."

everything that comes after it is just drivel. It's a false premise to start with and anything you derive from that base point is also false.

There is only one minority under assault in America and it is the individual. Goes with personal responsibility something you liberals all love to deny.

There is only one minority under assault in America and it is the individual. Goes with personal responsibility something you liberals all love to deny.

I'm not a liberal. I am a very strong proponent of personal responsibility; something that most people of either political viewpoint aren't very good at.

Again, rhetoric convinces no one who does not already agree with it. The right's reliance on rhetoric will be its downfall, unless it learns to adapt.

I cannot align myself with either of the 2 parties, and fall mostly on the libertarian side of things.

Both dems and repubs have portions of their politics that aim to limit personal liberties and I won't be a part of it.

I'm not a liberal. I am a very strong proponent of personal responsibility; something that most people of either political viewpoint aren't very good at.

Again, rhetoric convinces no one who does not already agree with it. The right's reliance on rhetoric will be its downfall, unless it learns to adapt.

Unless you got a great solution to political discourse I will not comply and be silent will the distruction from the other side continues. The problem is not the rhetoric by republicans its there silence and not standing up for themselves.

Unless you got a great solution to political discourse I will not comply and be silent will the distruction from the other side continues. The problem is not the rhetoric by republicans its there silence and not standing up for themselves.

It's their unwillingness to stand up for themselves in a manner that will be heard.

The left has their own problems, but at current rates they will win. We'll see majorities in all three branches again, and not just for two years, unfortunately. The right will be forced to restructure itself and rethink its strategy, and might recover.

It's their unwillingness to stand up for themselves in a manner that will be heard.

The left has their own problems, but at current rates they will win. We'll see majorities in all three branches again, and not just for two years, unfortunately. The right will be forced to restructure itself and rethink its strategy, and might recover.

The Reps are just so out of touch on social issues and it totally undermines their small government message when they can't stay out of peoples bedrooms. I can go for small government in theory I've just never seen it in reality. Its like a unicorn. Not too mention the gov has shrunk considerably under Obama but that hasn't really done much to curb spending and has hurt the unemployment rate. That's the other big white elephant in the room is that the military is giant jobs program for under-educated, unskilled males 18-25. If we start bringing them home without MASSIVE infrastructure programs to put them to work we are in for a world of hurt.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads