JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
FBI: It’s too racist to show pictures of terrorists

Less than a week after Washington Democratic Rep. Jim McDermott wrote a letter to the FBI about the “Faces of Global Terrorism” ad he found to be racist, the ad is being taken down, the Seattle Times reports.

McDermott had written that the Puget Sound Joint Terrorism Task Force’s “ad featuring sixteen photos of wanted terrorists is not only offensive to Muslims and ethnic minorities, but it encourages racial and religious profiling.”

The congressman, as well Jeff Siddiqui, the founder of American Muslims of Puget Sound, are concerned that all sixteen terrorists featured have connections to Islam.

“When you start saying that this is the face of terrorism, you are really stigmatizing a whole group of people,” McDermott said.

Siddiqui added that the ad “is affecting all kinds of people who have no experience with Muslims, who look at it and say, ‘Oh, Muslims are the face of global terrorism.’”

Only two of the FBI’s 32 “Most Wanted Terrorists” do not have connections to Islam according to the FBI.

McDermott, also concerned with the racial impacts of the poster, said, “the impression you get is that terrorism is caused by brown-skinned men with beards, and occasionally they wear a turban — which isn’t true.”

However, the ad campaign displays an ethnically-diverse group, with seven from African countries, four from the Philippines, three Americans, one from Malaysia, and one from Chechnya.

FBI: It's too racist to show pictures of terrorists | The Daily Caller

Yes, not all terrorists wear turbans, beards...some wear suits and button down shirts while sporting law degrees and "touting they know what's best for the average Citizen." Unfortunately it is these terrorists that are far more dangerous to our way of life. They lie to get elected.

BRUTUS OUT,

times_up_flag_z_zpsbd88f6fa.jpg

Very few real terrorists are brown or wear turbans like Brutus said.

Most look more like this -

Capture.JPG

Dumbed down Americans sure do love war even though it only benefits the .001% that profit from it while our bankrupt corporate state slides further into the sewer. Propaganda is a bubblegum.

Capture.JPG

.............Washington Democratic Rep. Jim McDermott wrote a letter to the FBI...........

Well, here's the problem.

In a more perfect world, McDermott would have been told we don't select the terrorists who want to kill us. If we did then yes, with affirmative action and all, it would be much more racially diverse group profiled in the "Faces of Global Terrorism" ad campaign.

Another thing, besides liberals, I will probably never understand is why isn't the Muslim community being loudly heard denouncing terrorism?

I know Obama has a much power on making important decisions as my mailman. Sorry, a puppet. GWB with an afro. The exact same agenda (wars, spending, torture, destruction of individual rights, police state, surveillance state, etc) marches on because the orders are coming down from the same Oligarchs.

Got to hand it to our owners with the whole GOP/Dems, us vs them, two-party one headed system - works exactly as it should for keeping the sheep arguing back and forth. When I see the anti-Obama rhetoric I marvel at the simplicity of the deception and its effectiveness. So far down the pyramid of control that he is only a couple steps above us pee ons.

"McDermott, also concerned with the racial impacts of the poster, said, "the impression you get is that terrorism is caused by brown-skinned men with beards, and occasionally they wear a turban — which isn't true."

Well 90% of them are so what is the problem? The other 10% are politicians!!!

Yep, it's all them damn Irish republican terrorists beating down a path to our country that's the problem, I mean heck, they have nothing but time on their hands these days right?

Wake the hell up America, It's muslims, need I say more?

Wait, did I just hear a loud authoritative knock at my door? Could be, political correctness is the bane upon our society that has inspired those in this country to go along to get along. To those that don't adjust well to this mindset, salute.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top