JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Top Senate anti-gunner responds to Ceasefire critic

The Washington State Senate’s leading gun control advocate, Sen. Adam Kline (D-Seattle) has fired back at the state’s most vocal gun prohibitionist for a recent criticism that Democrats are wimping out on the gun control issue.

<broken link removed>

You gotta love these guys....:s0155:

WTF does this have to do with Obama or over his debate performance? It's got nothing to do with the 20 point lead Obama has among Washington voters.

I agree entirely that this is an issue that increasingly has less traction based simply on the increases on gun owners alone. But Ceasefire's continued spiral into insignificance is all about our new entries into the numbers of gun owners and their friends, not the national race.

Every person we take to the range for the first time is another voter who votes against gun control. I think that has more than anything else to do with the increasing insignificance if Ceasefire, where even the most anti-gun Senator in WA State has to tell them to STFU.

WTF does this have to do with Obama or over his debate performance? It's got nothing to do with the 20 point lead Obama has among Washington voters.

I agree entirely that this is an issue that increasingly has less traction based simply on the increases on gun owners alone. But Ceasefire's continued spiral into insignificance is all about our new entries into the numbers of gun owners and their friends, not the national race.

Every person we take to the range for the first time is another voter who votes against gun control. I think that has more than anything else to do with the increasing insignificance if Ceasefire, where even the most anti-gun Senator in WA State has to tell them to STFU.

Much as I'd like to believe it is true that everyone we introduce to shooting becomes a fast convert, that's not true and it will never be true.
Alas, I know a few gun owners who are lockstep Democrats and Obamatons who simply vote "D" reflexively, without understanding any of the issues. "D" is good and "R" is bad. That's as far as their mental capacity seems to take them.

There are folks like that on this forum.

Like it or not, Ceasefire can still have an influence, albiet not much, but they can still be a PITA.

It's good that we take people to the range and introduce them to shooting. But they will need a lot more motivation to start voting the rascals out than just pulling a trigger several times.

See and that's the problem Dave.

There is this myth that you have to be a hardcore right wing republican to be a gun guy.

Personally I found and still find the "3 strikes" legislation HORRIFIC.

Add to that private prisons that are paid with federal monies, prison labor that is undercuting American and Chinese(!) workers.... And well, having you brag that the gun community helped pass this legislation.....

Maybe your part of the gun community.

Although with your awful attitudes towards personal freedom, I wonder if you really are for gun rights ;)

My point is this... I don't know why, there are people still trying to define gun rights as a right wing issue.

Especially when you look at the last 50 years of government gun legislation.

Yes, the democrats passed the awb in the early 90's.

However look at what republicans passed before that, paving the way.

Keep writing! Still a huge fan!

What never ceases to amaze me, and this is a worldwide issue, is that a highly multidimensional field like politics is always oversimplified to simple left/right.

As a new shooter, I recently took my wife shooting one time, at a fellow member's range (thank you again!). I can say whatever I want, but having her try it and understand that we all care a great deal about safety (she's more about the personal safety issues than anything else) has done more good than just words ever could.

Unfortunately you're relatively far out for us, but I think I'll have to try one of your classes some day Misterbill.

See and that's the problem Dave.

There is this myth that you have to be a hardcore right wing republican to be a gun guy.

Personally I found and still find the "3 strikes" legislation HORRIFIC.

Add to that private prisons that are paid with federal monies, prison labor that is undercuting American and Chinese(!) workers.... And well, having you brag that the gun community helped pass this legislation.....

Maybe your part of the gun community.

Although with your awful attitudes towards personal freedom, I wonder if you really are for gun rights ;)

My point is this... I don't know why, there are people still trying to define gun rights as a right wing issue.

Especially when you look at the last 50 years of government gun legislation.

Yes, the democrats passed the awb in the early 90's.

However look at what republicans passed before that, paving the way.

Keep writing! Still a huge fan!

Well, thanks for your continued support.

Gun rights is a civil rights issue. But alas, most of the onerous gun control legislation, and virtually ALL of it north of the Columbia River, has been the handiwork of Democrats.

Dave, thanks for working for all of our gun rights.

I have a friend that was a WA state Rep. and a Dem. He knew that voting against guns would do him in, and that guns were not the problem, it was the person that pulled the trigger.

I kept telling him to keep anti gun issues off the table, he told several others that also but some folks just could not help themselves like Kline.

For me unfortunatly I have become a one issue voter, pro-gun, the other stuff does not matter.

Dave, thanks for working for all of our gun rights.

I have a friend that was a WA state Rep. and a Dem. He knew that voting against guns would do him in, and that guns were not the problem, it was the person that pulled the trigger.

I kept telling him to keep anti gun issues off the table, he told several others that also but some folks just could not help themselves like Kline.

For me unfortunatly I have become a one issue voter, pro-gun, the other stuff does not matter.

Nothing unfortunate about making a civil right your acid test.

Alas, far too many folks have lost sight of the single basic truth of politics: The majority party sets the rules and appoints the committee chairs.

Imagine this scenario: A guy suddenly wakes up one morning to learn that a new law will make his favorite rifle illegal, so he contacts his representative, who voted for the measure, and complains: "I can't believe you did this. I voted for you. I doorbelled for you."

And the pol responds: "Well, you have to understand, this is for the greater public good. Maybe you need to change your lifestyle."

Those are the kinds of reasons, boiled down into two sentences, that gun owners in New York, New Jersey, California and elsewhere have been given after their pol rams one in and breaks it off.

Or, can we try to ram reforms up their rectum (recti?) by initiative like some of their more radical followers keep trying?

How can anybody NOT see that making deals with the Authoritarian Left (by which I DON'T mean ALL liberals, just the Statist wing of their side) is like negotiating with Hitler or Stalin? "Give me this, and I'll let you keep that... FOR NOW."

And then, perhaps my biggest question... how can we sow and encourage this dissension in their ranks? If we can get them to try to primary Kline for not being radical enough...

Which illustrates the problem: the other team knows how to KEEP THEIR EYE ON THE BALL--while they may PREFER the positions declared by a Communist Party USA (though they ain't much different from the urban Dems around here) candidate, they'll pull the lever for whoever has the best chance of getting part of their agenda IMPLEMENTED.

We need to do the same--if you don't think the GOP is conservative enough, Libertarian enough or otherwise right for you, infiltrate it, become a PCO, spread the word among your friends and neighbors to do the same, send more to-your-liking delegates to District, who'll send similar people to County, and so on with State and National. Basically, you need to organize, and do to the GOP what the Radical Leftism did to the Dems--infiltrate and subvert from within.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top