JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got this Idea from the thread by OLDNEWBIE https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/firearms-laws-and-questions.8602/

I'll start. the office of Sheriff is up for grabs in Los Angeles County. Now, you might all think California, especially Los Angeles, is a lost cause, but this race could have National repercussions.

From a post by a fellow gun owner and enthusiast in another forum.....

In Los Angeles County, it has been 100% impossible to get a CCW for about the last 50 years. It is at the sole discretion of the Sheriff and we have had a string of anti-gun Sheriffs in office.

Well our current Sheriff, Lee Baca, has just stepped down due to scandal.

The former Under Sheriff who was running against Baca, and will now be running against on of Baca's chosen replacements, reached out to me a few months ago and said that he WILL be issuing CCWs in Los Angeles County, in accordance with State law. California is a "May Issue" state, at the discretion of the Sheriffs.

I have spoken with one of our Members here who is a L.A. County Deputy Sheriff and he says that Tanaka is a bit of an unknown. I know that Baca fired him after blaming him for some abuses of inmates in the County Jails, but it seems like that whole scandal has been tossed at Baca's feet. And he has resigned.

Here is the web page.. <broken link removed>

Make a donation, or post your support.

I think if you read a little bit about his unconstitutional ways of "working in the gray" and some of his past misdeeds like costing his county $999,999 in his last "wrongful death" suit oh and lets not forget his neo-nazi background maybe you can find someone worthy of your support.

<broken link removed>

Not that it is not legitimate, but I don't trust anything from Hostmaster, a two bit hosting service. The claim may or may not be legitimate, but I feel that the possibility of having a Pro 2A Sheriff in LA County is significant enough to support this man. I'll research the allegations, but I personally feel this is a smear campaign, possibly by an opponent.

Nothing in Wiki, like I trust that Paul Tanaka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your link didn't take me to anything. There is a ton of controversy and image assassination in this race. It will be dirty.

These allegations of jail abuse have now been attributed to Baca, the former Sheriff. Paul Tanaka calls on Baca to take responsibility in jail abuse - latimes.com

Here Paul Tanaka Is Tough on Concealed Weapons Permits, Until It Comes to His Pals | News | Los Angeles | Los Angeles News and Events | LA Weekly it looks like a toss up, but I do trust the judgment of my forum buddy and fellow administrator.
Remember, this is in California, and as a politician he has to work both sides.

Not that it is not legitimate, but I don't trust anything from Hostmaster, a two bit hosting service. The claim may or may not be legitimate, but I feel that the possibility of having a Pro 2A Sheriff in LA County is significant enough to support this man. I'll research the allegations, but I personally feel this is a smear campaign, possibly by an opponent.

I don't see how it can be a smear campaign, the articles were written in 2011 about events that conspired in the late 80's

I did have some trouble with the link but it works fine now.

Yea, I researched him, too. My feeling is that this may be the first time in 50 years that LA County Gun Owners may be issued a CCL. That in itself is significant. Decide on your own, I donated to the campaign.

I feel that what happens in LA County, sooner or later happens all over California, a "May Issue State". Change takes place in small steps.

BTW, I couldn't find the articles you linked to...

I think if you read a little bit about his unconstitutional ways of "working in the gray" and some of his past misdeeds like costing his county $999,999 in his last "wrongful death" suit oh and lets not forget his neo-nazi background maybe you can find someone worthy of your support.

<broken link removed>

Scroll down past the second Tanaka picture to "Working In The Grey" and read about Tanaka'a anti-constitutional instructions to his deputies.

I like his support of concealed carry also, but I dislike that he has a gang affiliation to "the Vikings" his anti-semetic neo nazi background is also worrisome to me. BTW there are three installments to the witness la article.
BTW I do support California unlike many of my peer group.

Remind yourself, that this is one article, one reporters investigation. Saw you fixed the link and just read through it. I don't believe everything I read on the internet. Pieces like this are how LAwitness and Celeste Fremon make a living.

Thanks for digging this up for me. Interesting......

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top