Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Polishing?

Discussion in 'Knives & Other Discussion' started by RedneckRampage, Feb 16, 2014.

1. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

I'm buying a Benchmade 3550 as soon as I find one in stock. I want to make it look less "tactical" so I plan on having the scales and blade polished. Any recommendations on somebody to do it?

2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Don't they offer a plain/unpolished blade of this model?

3. RedneckRampage

They do, but I want the grips/scales/handles, whatever you want to call them, polished as well. So it's all bare aluminum/stainless.

4. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

bluesurf and (deleted member) like this.
  5. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Do What You Can, With What You Have, Where You Are, for liberty

6. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

After you make the handle as bright as a mirror, if you don't like it you can always rattlecan it black again.

7. 1990Turbo

1990Turbo St.Helens Active Member

If you do a mirror polish on the handles it will be pretty slippery a scotch bright finish might be better. The BK or Benchcoat finish on the blade will be tough to polish because the are sand blasted before the coating is applied. Not impossible but more work.

8. RedneckRampage

I plan to get the plain blade/anodized handle. I really with I could get a pair of fresh machined handles from Benchmade before any anodizing was done, I think that would look awesome. I'm afraid, without polishing, the aluminum will be ugly after it's stripped. Blade should be the easy part lol

9. bluesurf

bluesurf Portland Active Member

I vouch for Tom Veff. He is amazing! He loves custom work and did some cool things to my Benchmade. Hands down call him. :thumbup:

10. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

11. 1990Turbo

1990Turbo St.Helens Active Member

The handles are not machined there. They are outsourced and are anodized before they get to the shop.