JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
jist picked up a jar of mother's mag polish.i want to give my 1911 a once over in the feed ramp to hopefully smooth it out.before I get to it does anyone have any advice or maybe a good video to watch. I also read something about polishing the internals of my sp101. Anyone here done that?thanks guys.

Mother's mag and aluminum polish works well as it's not too abrasive and the risk of removing too much material is low.

I got crazy and polished a glock once, took forever! Also practiced stipling. 20171117_133115.jpg

And my 34 barrel last fall, both done with mothers and a rag. It takes a couple of hours. It's helpful to put the rag on the corner of a shelf and use the corner as a way to get into the grooves in the barrel lug.

IMG_3651.JPG

Ceracote looks great, but what did you do to the barrel?

I guess the picture doesn't show it very well, but it's polished and really looks nice with the slide cut on the 34. I thought I had a better angle of it but I guess I must have deleted it.

jist picked up a jar of mother's mag polish.i want to give my 1911 a once over in the feed ramp to hopefully smooth it out.before I get to it does anyone have any advice or maybe a good video to watch. I also read something about polishing the internals of my sp101. Anyone here done that?thanks guys.

Polishing compound is not necessary for a feed ramp. As long as its smooth, that's all that is required. If there's machining marks, don't try to erase them, they won't cause any problems...just smooth them.

The 1911 is a controlled feed style pistol, it relies on a bit of resistance for round control.

I guess the picture doesn't show it very well, but it's polished and really looks nice with the slide cut on the 34. I thought I had a better angle of it but I guess I must have deleted it.

I'll polish the rest of the barrel if you need me to? I can get that ole girl mirror finish!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top