JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just got the scope mount a few days ago .
I will shot it before I paint it.
IMG_20190330_002516.jpg

jist picked up a jar of mother's mag polish.i want to give my 1911 a once over in the feed ramp to hopefully smooth it out.before I get to it does anyone have any advice or maybe a good video to watch. I also read something about polishing the internals of my sp101. Anyone here done that?thanks guys.

Mothers works best by hand or very low speed tool . Or it balls up

Mothers works best by hand or very low speed tool . Or it balls up

I want a man with a slow hand
I want a (gun) lover with an easy touch
I want somebody who will spend some time
Not come and go in a heated rush
I want somebody who will understand
When it comes to (gun) love, I want a slow hand

Don't chance going "balls up". ;)

while mothers and the like are ok,you want a polish thats designed for stainless,Green Chrome Oxide is what i've found thats the thing to use,aggressiveness of the polish isnt what to worry about,you want something that will work without having to put a lot of pressure on the material and causing hot spots,i've used it for many guns and it works perfectly,it also works good for removing fine scratches,including the " id-10-t " scratches -- my 10mm colt double eagle i bought in a pawn shop 22 years ago had so many scratches you couldnt tell what the lettering said,after using that you cant tell it ever had a scratch on it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top