JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BTW, my son loves to do "modifications" to his Glocks.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Thread drift warning in 3-2-1:

I have done:
$0.,25 trigger job
New striker sleeve
Softer striker spring
Heavier trigger spring
Polished the safety button in the slide (dang it, what's it called???)
Zevo race disconnect... it's odd that i never noticed a diff
Used Tetra gun grease on slide parts and trigger parts

Would like to replace the trigger
Would like to find a zero "take-up" type trigger at reasonable cost.

My SR9c that has a Glock trigger system licensed to Ruger:
$.25 trigger job
3.5lb disconnect
Tetra

Sorry for the thread drift... :oops:

If you are having feeding issues then it's something that may help. If you're going to be getting this done, you should take your Gun to a Pistolsmith and have both the Feed Ramp and the Barrel Throat Polished and Properly Matched. Doing one w/o the other just doesn't work.

A spare knife, a spare mag, a spare pair of reading glasses, a spare $100 bill, a spare tire, a spare condom, a spare friend that's uglier/fatter??????? :)
*Any* mission-critical item. There's a reason my briefcase-rig AR pistol has no less than *three* independent sighting systems on it...

EDIT:
1. Optic
2. BUIS
3. Laser

Last Edited:
:oops:Proper diet and exercise may help with that spare tire.:s0113:

Hasn't happened in the last 30yrs, ain't gonna happen now!!! :D:D:D

My brother is an exercise nut... all kinds of injuries requiring surgery and joint replacement and a number of diseased conditions. Now he's a vegan... this just gets better and better.

Thinking about polishing the feed ramps on some of my handguns, but heard dissenting opinions regarding the practice. Some say that creating a super-smooth surface will enhance reliability/shootability; while others say it will reduce my gun to an nonfunctioning dumpster fire. If anybody has experience with this please let me know.
Do NOT polish!

All depends if the firearm, sometimes the ramp needs a good polishing, sometimes the throat.

I've seen throat polishing lead to very bad things.
Damaged barrels, replacements parts and other new things.

D93E6C52-2E9B-42CC-AA31-FD280CC78204.jpeg

Personally, I've never done it. Not that I see a problem with it, if done right. I just really wouldn't trust a gun for any serious purpose if it needed modification (however minor) to run right. I suppose it may be worth considering for some range toys that run 99% to catch that last percent, though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top