JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been looking into purchasing a P64 but i have noticed that some have a rounded hammer (which is more appealing to me) and some have more of a pointed or sharper edged hammer. Is this an aftermarket option or something that changed in production in the 1970's models?

If anyone has one I would also be very interested in buying it. I am planning on waiting for the gun show in feb but gunbroker is tempting me.

The difference in hammers isn't on account some sort of aftermarket product, the design of the hammer did change. Must admit I don't recall when the change actually took place, but either way, it's likely to be original to the gun. I used to have one of these. It's a nice gun in that it's very solidly made, very reliable, accurate, points naturally, and pretty concealable too. I've carried mine at times. It bears a striking resemblance to the Walther PPK, and IMO it is just as good a weapon, and at a fraction of the price.

Downside is, it has an extremely heavy DA trigger and extremely snappy recoil. These problems can be remedied with inexpensive and relatively easy-to-install aftermarket parts. Some folks also don't like that it has only a 6+1 ammo capacity.

The difference in hammers isn't on account some sort of aftermarket product, the design of the hammer did change. Must admit I don't recall when the change actually took place, but either way, it's likely to be original to the gun. I used to have one of these. It's a nice gun in that it's very solidly made, very reliable, accurate, points naturally, and pretty concealable too. I've carried mine at times. It bears a striking resemblance to the Walther PPK, and IMO it is just as good a weapon, and at a fraction of the price.

Downside is, it has an extremely heavy DA trigger and extremely snappy recoil. These problems can be remedied with inexpensive and relatively easy-to-install aftermarket parts. Some folks also don't like that it has only a 6+1 ammo capacity.

Thank you so much for that information!

I have a P64 and really like it. DA pull is very heavy but can be mitigated with a spring change. Truly, if I can do it, anyone can. As Raftman said, recoil is snappy to say the least, I have found a slip on grip adds to the shooting comfort.

Everything you want to know about the P64, and them some, can be found here:

<broken link removed>

There's also some very snazzy-looking replacement grips available. A replacement recoil spring will also help reduce recoil. It's truly a good gun, I'd still have it if it weren't the for capacity aspect. Ended up getting a double-stack Makarov that gives me 12+1 rounds.

sasquatch83 I have a p64 I was going to take down to the puyallup wac next month. 1973, black leather holster, cleaning rod, 3 mags, with the correct grips and also the target grips it came with. Let me know if your intrested.

Yes, I am very interested. I have a local gun shop owner searching for me as well but i would love to see a picture of the gun. How much would you like for it? Where are you loacted?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top