JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes I bought a budget rifle.... figure a lot of cost savings is usually quality control and fine tuning hand work. I'm new to bolt action and just purchased a Savage mod 93 in .22 WMR. I have a 22-250 savage that's smoother and an old mouser that's got a glass finish on bolt.

Looks kinda bead blasted around contact surfaces in and around bolt handle and channel. I assume this'll polish up on its own with use. Could I expedite this with compound or toothpaste?

Was just wondering if I could damage the finish..... maybe not function..... but that's why I'm putting this out there. Just seams gritty and jerky.

CED02EEE-3800-42C5-A826-D483A8D7A944.jpeg F8ACC49A-1348-428D-B2EF-5B5EA0AD77AB.jpeg 4CB6C307-50C3-4F54-8A0D-4AEAFF0FEA7B.jpeg D2FA418B-C3AD-4A43-B6ED-0D13DD638EA4.jpeg

I read "pole ish" three times before I realized "pawl ish"

Get down on the end of the bolt knob with some paste metal polish and a piece of denim.
That's gonna show you what you need to know about finish composition.
I would assume that's some sort of stainless steel through and through, but its not my rifle .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top