JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
POLISH 1960 MILLED AK47 - $600 Priced to sell
I am selling my milled polish ak47 i bought a year ago because I want a stamped arsenal ak47. I bought this gun at Keiths for $715. The action is as smooth as glass on this rifle. If you have an AK47 of equal or greater value (I will pay the difference) and would like to trade, or have an offer in mind, don't be afraid to ask. thank you. Sorry for the crappy pics, they were taken from my computer. This is over a 100 bucks off what i payed because I'm impatient and want to go shooting this weekend with a new rifle. thanks
-Cameron

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

Last Edited:
The gun is distributed by Century Arms, but century does not make them. If you type in "polish 1960 ak47" you will get quite a lot of hits. This rifle is extremely well rated by people online. I dont think I have seen one negative review about them. The reviews and comment should tell you more than I know about the gun in general. As for the gun I have, with the exception of the wood all the parts look as if they were new.

I have shot around 300 rounds through it. The rifle functions flawlessly. The reason I am selling it is because I want a lighter AK. While there are many advantages to owning a milled AK, I think they are about a pound heavier. There are also not as many aftermarket parts for milled ak's. I wanted to have an adjustable stock and all that other good stuff. Rifle comes with 2 additional mags and a bayonet. Some might consider it downgrading, but its just preference.

I have a Bulgarian made ak from arsenal with black synthetic furniture. Would like to see pics of your actual rifle when you can post them.

I have shot around 300 rounds through it. The rifle functions flawlessly. The reason I am selling it is because I want a lighter AK. While there are many advantages to owning a milled AK, I think they are about a pound heavier. There are also not as many aftermarket parts for milled ak's. I wanted to have an adjustable stock and all that other good stuff. Rifle comes with 2 additional mags and a bayonet. Some might consider it downgrading, but its just preference.

This is exactly why the Russians switched. The original design was intended to use stamped receivers, the only reason the first AK-47s were on mill receivers is because the Russians did not possess the capability to mass produce stamped ones. Once they were tooled up they switched to the stamped AKM.

Quality is a subjective term. Stamped and riveted receiver AK's are arguably higher in "quality" than their milled counterparts. The milled guns tend to crack while the stamped flex better and resist cracking under hard use. A good stamped receiver AK will last longer under full auto fire than a milled AK. Neither has an accuracy advantage over the other. Milled Type 2 threaded milled AK's are a royal bubblegum to change barrels in too. For semi auto use there is no difference in the two for most purposes.

What you have is a Green Mountain Barrel rifle with a CNC warrior receiver. Century has several subcontractors that assemble and refinish them.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.