JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In March, PoliceOne conducted the most comprehensive survey ever of American law enforcement officers’ opinions on the topic gripping the nation's attention in recent weeks: gun control.
More than 15,000 verified law enforcement professionals took part in the survey, which aimed to bring together the thoughts and opinions of the only professional group devoted to limiting and defeating gun violence as part of their sworn responsibility.

[more here... PoliceOne's Gun Control Survey: 11 key lessons from officers' perspectives ]

Sample size of 15k out of almost 800k cops in the US. That's 1.9%. Big deal.

Also, politicized police bosses in the big/mid-sized cities are universally anti-2A. What the rank and file think do not matter, they follow orders and have zero influence on matters of state. The small town police chiefs *might* be pro-2A, but they'll be snuffed out along with all the other dissidents when the chips are down.

Maybe those pro-gun cops on PoliceOne should put money where their mouths are. Quit their tax-eating jobs and stop working for the statist crooks they claim to hate so much.

"The overwhelming majority (almost 90 percent) of officers believe that casualties would be decreased if armed citizens were present at the onset of an active-shooter incident."

That is all I think that really needs to have been said and maybe what can be done to help it become a reality.

Are you dismissing the results Dman? This is about the most forward, not trying to trick you for political gain, detailed questionnaire i have seen regarding guns.

Sample size of 15k out of almost 800k cops in the US. That's 1.9%. Big deal.

Also, politicized police bosses in the big/mid-sized cities are universally anti-2A. What the rank and file think do not matter, they follow orders and have zero influence on matters of state. The small town police chiefs *might* be pro-2A, but they'll be snuffed out along with all the other dissidents when the chips are down.

Maybe those pro-gun cops on PoliceOne should put money where their mouths are. Quit their tax-eating jobs and stop working for the statist crooks they claim to hate so much.

Well, considering Obama is using a survey of 251 people as his justification, I would say this is indeed relevant.

Are you dismissing the results Dman? This is about the most forward, not trying to trick you for political gain, detailed questionnaire i have seen regarding guns.

Just pointing out that the opinions of rank and file cops are irrelevant, and that if those cops work in cities, they still take their orders from an anti-2A uniformed politician whose opinion is the only one that matters.

Ok, well since rank and file are just regular Americans then i guess no "regular American's" opinion counts. Only government officials count now. Nice

Just pointing out that the opinions of rank and file cops are irrelevant, and that if those cops work in cities, they still take their orders from an anti-2A uniformed politician whose opinion is the only one that matters.

How are they irrelevant? The point is to get the opinion of those most qualified people to render one on the effects of gun control measures. While the LEO politicians may dictate policy to a certain degree, most at that level haven't seen the inside of a patrol car in quite some time.

So when the politicians either nationally or here in Oregon claim to be doing what is int he best interest of officers and public safety, one can point to this survey to counter their assertions. And what can Obama, Biden, Feinstein, Greenlick, etc. say to counter this? That they alone possess some knowledge that 70+% of beat officers don't?

How are they irrelevant? The point is to get the opinion of those most qualified people to render one on the effects of gun control measures. While the LEO politicians may dictate policy to a certain degree, most at that level haven't seen the inside of a patrol car in quite some time.

So when the politicians either nationally or here in Oregon claim to be doing what is int he best interest of officers and public safety, one can point to this survey to counter their assertions. And what can Obama, Biden, Feinstein, Greenlick, etc. say to counter this? That they alone possess some knowledge that 70+% of beat officers don't?

Do you think the politicians and power lords give a damn about the effects (intended or not) of their schemes? Gun control is a power grab, nothing more. It is a declaration of the supremacy of the state over its subjects. The "national dialogue" is a smokescreen to manufacture consent and create the illusion of a democracy.

Do you think the politicians and power lords give a damn about the effects (intended or not) of their schemes? Gun control is a power grab, nothing more. It is a declaration of the supremacy of the state over its subjects. The "national dialogue" is a smokescreen to manufacture consent and create the illusion of a democracy.

We are not in a dictatorship (yet) so the opinion of the public does still matter. All of us here need to be spreading these messages to those that are not already onboard. Forward that survey to your friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, etc. Don't let the "power lords" as you put it control all of the messaging.

That is why I have been creating graphics that hopefully people will share to help communicate the message. Instead, I am afraid that too many people would rather criticize the art concepts rather than spread the larger message. Like in my last one, who cares if the image should have been some other rifle than the M1, the point is to get the message out.

I challenge everyone on this forum to forward the police survey to at least one person. Or go to one of my sites, pick an image and share it somewhere. Stop letting the anti-2nd crowd control the messaging.

http://www.facebook.com/freedomnw
https://twitter.com/freedomnw
Flickr: freedomnw's Photostream

It all sounds good on paper but i can't bring myself to believe that even 1/2 of the participants would actually take a defiant stance. Sorry, just don't believe it.

That's a margin of error of +/- 0.79%.

Dman, you're just gonna keep trollin' til you get your holy war, aren't ya? ;)

Would be nice to get the party started. I doubt it will happen in my lifetime.

Also that margin of error is for a pristine sample, guns are such a divisive issue right now that I doubt the respondents are truly random and neutral. We've all seen requests on various 2A forums to spam polls. And as always, the police work for the state, if the cops cared about 2A they'd quit their jobs.

This is a fairly interesting survey IMO. While the sample size seems small it is definitely larger than most other surveys which have been tossed around.

It would be nice to have more profile data on those people surveyed to see how wide the demographic was spread. Even the city/area size would help. Though the item talking about the department size does help you understand that most of these officer's aren't from small areas.

If I've done my math right, this survey could be one of the more statistically accurate surveys out there. Still, it is a survey.

It definitely won't happen if we all just sit at home playing Bioshock and Max Payne.

Bioshock Infinite and Max Payne 3 happen to be excellent games.

...and leave law enforcement to the DHS.

Big deal. The federal government already bribes the local cops with equipment and grants in return for an overzealous enforcement of their drug policy. Having the DHS directly march in will only incur more hatred against the government, which is definitely desirable.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top