JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It is now legal for Police to search through your cellphone without a warrant. With the NDAA passing and now the police being able to snoop around on your phone, imagine being called a terrorist for having multiple gun pics or vids on your phone. Just imagine what is possible now. Imagine having something on your phone that might be looked at the wrong way, which could cause you to loose your CHL or prevent you from getting a CHL or not being able to purchase a firearm at a store.

Here is one link that talks about how the cops can search your phone without a warrant... I am sure you can find more headlines if you google the topic.
Police Can Now Search Cell Phones Without A Warrant « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

What, then are they searching for other than possible illegal activity? And, if that is the reason for the search, isn't that then considered as much of an illegal search as police putting a GPS tracker on your vehicle without probable cause and a warrant?

BOHICA!

I always find it interesting that people believe they have any real 'rights.' I guess if you believe it, in your mind, it is so. But in reality it is just delusion.

I always find it interesting that people believe they have any real 'rights.' I guess if you believe it, in your mind, it is so. But in reality it is just delusion.

Slaves have no rights.... we have privileges. They give you the illusion that you have choices, but we don't. Like Gerald Celentge siad... it's not justice, it's JUST-US. The rules don't apply to them but they apply to us.

My phone has a password/pin as required when you connect to an exchange server. It wipes the phone if you guess wrong more than a couple of times. Good luck with that.

My phone has a password/pin as required when you connect to an exchange server. It wipes the phone if you guess wrong more than a couple of times. Good luck with that.

Gee, I'm always forgetting my password, too. Darn, sorry, can't help.

I don't take pics of my junk and send them via text to random women. So because of that, I'm not very concerned if the police want to look through my phone.

Now the day they threaten to take away my CPL because I have pictures of my very adorable cats on my phone....well, then it's Game On.

I don't take pics of my junk and send them via text to random women. So because of that, I'm not very concerned if the police want to look through my phone.

Now the day they threaten to take away my CPL because I have pictures of my very adorable cats on my phone....well, then it's Game On.

IMO it's not what you have.... it's the fact that they can look in your phone without a warrant. The fact that they want to take away what little rights I have left, that bothers me. I guess you can turn your phone off and plea the fifth if they ask if you have a phone (right before they make contact with you). I don't condone doing bad stuff but if people are, maybe they shouldn't take their phone with lol.

I mean I don't see cops just going up to everyone to check their phones but the fact that they can illegally (without a warrant) search your personal stuff, that is what bothers me.

IMO it's not what you have.... it's the fact that they can look in your phone without a warrant. The fact that they want to take away what little rights I have left, that bothers me. I guess you can turn your phone off and plea the fifth if they ask if you have a phone (right before they make contact with you). I don't condone doing bad stuff but if people are, maybe they shouldn't take your phone with you lol.

I mean I don't see cops just going up to everyone to check their phones but the fact that they can illegally (without a warrant) search your personal stuff, that is what bothers me.

I know what you meant. I was just making light of the situation.

I'll be surprised if it stands up to a Supreme Court challenge. I suppose the argument will be that cell phones are used to capture video of crimes in progress all the time so there's some sort of evidentiary need, but I still see it as highly invasive.

I'd be enthusiastic about providing enough wrong guesses to get it to format itself. The following fit of laughter might tip them off they've been had but its not like I really care.

I did computer forensics before i opened up a gun store. Even with formatting everything on your phone can be brought back.... It is just a matter of time and money. I have seen a drive that was smashed put back together on basically a platter of tape then read with an electron microscope to get the bit charges. It took a very long time, but it was done.

I did computer forensics before i opened up a gun store. Even with formatting everything on your phone can be brought back.... It is just a matter of time and money. I have seen a drive that was smashed put back together on basically a platter of tape then read with an electron microscope to get the bit charges. It took a very long time, but it was done.

Of course. As you said its a matter of time and money. They should spend millions of dollars resurecting whatever I wouldnt let them see cause they didnt have a warrent to search my private property.

And you wonder why this country is broke and cops are hated.

If they want to spend a lot of time and money recovering data from my smartphone only to find a nice picture of my wife and another of our dogs, and to find some innocuous texts and emails, go for it. I'm not handing it to them on a silver platter.

I lost my password in a tragic boating accident, LOL. :s0112:

Read to OP's post - 'imagine being called a terrorist for having multiple gun pics or vids on your phone.' Many of us text/vid/pic/chat about guns.

...Many of us text/vid/pic/chat about guns.

128848412709404195.jpg

I am having a problem finding out what this has to do with FIREARMS..

When the government has the audacity to make such rules/laws.... who knows what is possible..... because I have seen and witnessed a lot of peace officers who were brain washed and went on power trips.... but I have also seen awesome cops who did their job like they were suppose to.
I personally have a lot of pics and videos of me shooting guns. There are a few vids on my phone of me shooting with a face mask on. I was wearing a face mask because it was cold out side... imagine the power hungry finding about that video.... and calling me a terrorist because I have a face mask on. Upon further investigation they find out.... Oh Biggie24420 was born in Iran..... so you can see how one little vid and my nationality could be turned into a big deal.
Many years ago I was arrested for DUI (Washington Co.) and after fallowing all the officer's orders... I was placed under arrest for driving my truck drunk. When I was taken to the Sheriff's office and given a breath test, I blew a 0.00 and after that they still had me under arrest and kept me handcuffed and stuffed in a drunk tank as the deputy ate his chips and drank his sprite while looking at me and smiling. After that the deputy took me to another Sheriff's office to give me more tests including a urine test. I was taken home and given a $3500+ ticket. I fought the ticket and won, they paid for my tow bill and paid me for damaging my property..... but a letter was sent stating that everything was justified...pffffft!
Moral of the story is that innocent people are F-ed with all the time and if they (the law/police) want they can point the finger at you and say you are guilty of whatever BS they makeup.
If I was guilty of the DUI, I would have lost my CHL and I would have had to pay the heavy fine. Imagine I get added to the "no fly" list because they illegally searched my phone and found my pics and vids and now I can't buy guns or I can't fly. With laws like this the possibilities are endless. I felt so violated and screwed over that DUI... I was so angry I was nauseous. I would have sued but couldn't find anyone to go against the country.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top