JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How come the police still used revolvers so much in 1979? Not trying to talk smack about revolvers or anything, just honestly trying to understand the reasoning they used. It seems to me that a magazine is much easier to reload and that by 1979 semiautomatic handguns must have been pretty darned reliable. Anyone know what the rationale was?

Because most police departments bought pistols for their officers... and buying new guns is expensive. It wasn't really until the big FBI shootout in miami that TTP's started to change and more departments started switching over to semi-autos. Funny thing is, look at how New York's switch to semi-autos has gone... disasterously.

The bystander throwing up twice seemed a bit unnecessary LOL! Also I knew the hot chick in the short skirt was up to no good with her flirty attitude. Funny how dated 1979 seems when you watch this. Seems like yesterday to me.

It's not bad, but it's hopelessly dated.

We have MUCH better tactics available today.

Most of this video is about advanced tactics which can NEVER be trained outside a live-fire range. I'm sorry, they just CAN'T. WSCJTC, Gunsite or SigSauer academy all train these things, but mostly only to LE.

If you want them as a civilian there are few schools to choose from. Google, get the bonifides of the instructors and be CAREFUL you are not taking classes from mall ninjas.

I don't even approach this level of tactical training. (building clearing, etc) since as a civilian, you'll never have need of such skills.

If you ARE a civilian and want to learn top-of-the-line MOUT tactics, let me suggest your local USMC recruiter.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top