JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anybody care to offer him the same courtesy that the rest of us enjoy?

Everybody in this country, whether they be LEO or non-LEO is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY! In a court of law, not the court of internet opinion.

If he's found guilty, then punish him like the rest of us would be punished. No more, no less. But try to remember the last time someone accused you of something you didn't do and not convict the guy before he has his day in court. He might be guilty, but he might also be innocent.

Just my opinion...

That pig is lucky he is still breathing. I know a number of people that, if one were to flash a firearm in road-rage at them, would take it as an immediate threat to their life and act accordingly to stop the threat.

This was my first thought,but if you took a shot and happened to miss,then,of course YOU would become the bad guy.
This is udder BS,I hope you OR guys pursue this

Everybody in this country, whether they be LEO or non-LEO is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY! In a court of law, not the court of internet opinion.

If he's found guilty, then punish him like the rest of us would be punished. No more, no less. But try to remember the last time someone accused you of something you didn't do and not convict the guy before he has his day in court. He might be guilty, but he might also be innocent.

Just my opinion...

Yes you are correct, but he does not get the same fines, penalties, or trials as we do. It's different in the court room and if it was him we would be sitting in jail and you would not have your gun.............

Just my opinion...

I think that there should have been an arrest and think that the lack of one is strange at best.

ironeyescody.jpg

I remember that face...Mutual Of Omaha, Keep America Beautiful.

Espera Oscar DeCorti (Iron Eyes Cody).

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=5094

I think that there should have been an arrest and think that the lack of one is strange at best.

You're assuming that the information in the news is the whole story. I don't believe the media in this country as far as I can throw them...

Like I said, if he's guilty, if everything is as bad as the news story paints it, then punish him like you'd punish the rest of us. But like you said, no arrest on a guy who allegedly pulls a gun on another motorist seems a little strange. What's to say that's actually how it went down?

Just saying. Wait for the facts...

Just my opinion...

I agree, treat him like we want to be treated, or rather, like they treat us. So, why didn't he have to post bail like the rest of us would have? Why does he get to keep his side arm? The rest of us would have lost our firearms while being investigated for a felony....but hey, let's treat him like we would want to be treated...

You're assuming that the information in the news is the whole story. I don't believe the media in this country as far as I can throw them...

Like I said, if he's guilty, if everything is as bad as the news story paints it, then punish him like you'd punish the rest of us. But like you said, no arrest on a guy who allegedly pulls a gun on another motorist seems a little strange. What's to say that's actually how it went down?

Just saying. Wait for the facts...

Facts often get twisted whenever a cop, on or off-duty, is involved.

Here's what first crossed my mind. If I were the reporting citizen, how would I know the rage driver had a gun unless he at least brandished it? I always assume most drivers don't have a gun handy.

So, how else did the complaining citizen know he had the gun?

So a couple years ago I was out late at a buddy's place and headed home when I should have slept a bit
Long story short,I got pulled over and ticketed for Neg2 and had to do classes

One class was this hot woman trooper,telling us how her husband,another WSP TROOPER had tried to pick up his cell phone and swerved and killed a guy after drinking with friends.
This was on 405 in Renton a few years back

Never went to jail,never charged with a crime

Needless to say most of us were pretty alarmed about it.

Just my opinion...

LOL, asking for the "same courtesy" when the cop was obviously given preferential treatment by the WA cops, no arrest, no bail, kept his gun, still collecting his workfare.

We are the ones who should ask for an end to the professional courtesy that cops get whenever they commit crimes against civilians.

Mountainbear, you again complain about how we Citizens should treat another LEO with kid gloves and give him the right to be innocent until proven guilty like the rest of us. Really? Lets take a look at what I see/think what happened. Lets see if its fair.

1. It took 10 days before the police disclose the incident
2. The news article said nothing about the officer being releaved of his firearm until the end of the investigation, court hearing or trial.
3.The officer was not arrested.
4.The police bureau seems to cover up for their officer to me.
5.There is a positive statement about the hard working LEOS but not about the continuing trend of law breakers in their own ranks.

Does that even remotely sound like what would happen to you Mountianbear? We need LEO's who follow and uphold the law. I think this favoritism is also unlawful. Or should be.

This unmoral favoritism should stop.

I did not mean to disrespect you Mountianbear. You seem like a good guy. Maybe a bit to pro LEO to see whats right and wrong?

The information we have of this situation certainly causes suspicion, and the man should be (should have been) punished accordingly.

But, blind bias is a two way street. It's frankly unintelligent to lump all LEO's into the category of this man (and others who have made mistakes), and that happens so much on this forum. Is it too much to ask for us to simply look at a situation with reason and not make hasty generalizations of a whole people group? It's frustrating.

For what it's worth, the Captain should have been arrested for brandishing a firearm. No doubt.

All LEOS should not be lumped into the same category as a law-breaking LEO. But where in the heck is the outrage of these types of conduct (that happens hundreds of times each year) from the LEOS themselves? I rarely see them admit to wrong doing.

Mountainbear, you again complain about how we Citizens should treat another LEO with kid gloves and give him the right to be innocent until proven guilty like the rest of us. Really? Lets take a look at what I see/think what happened. Lets see if its fair.

1. It took 10 days before the police disclose the incident
2. The news article said nothing about the officer being releaved of his firearm until the end of the investigation, court hearing or trial.
3.The officer was not arrested.
4.The police bureau seems to cover up for their officer to me.
5.There is a positive statement about the hard working LEOS but not about the continuing trend of law breakers in their own ranks.

Does that even remotely sound like what would happen to you Mountianbear? We need LEO's who follow and uphold the law. I think this favoritism is also unlawful. Or should be.

This unmoral favoritism should stop.

We have to thank the unions for all this.............

This type of behavior is becoming more popular and nothing seems to be done but when a normal civi does watch out and you will go broke because the DA and police will be so far up your arsssss you will feel hopeless.............

Forgive me in advance..for the length of this.. First..I agree with those who are saying he deserves the same treatment as we should expect.. Sadly though..I think we've all seen enough examples over the years..to know that that will not happen.. The wagons have already been circled around this officer..to protect him..

Secondly..and not in any argumentative fashion..I challenge any of you jumping to his side..and the side of LEO's in the alarming number of these incidents that actually manage to make it to the news..before they can be swept under the rug.. Give us examples..H***..give us even ONE example..of where you've seen equal treatment of a LEO in any of these incidents of criminal behavior..

I've only been around for a month short of 60 years..but I can't honestly think of one..

I do recall..not too many years ago..a case where several LEO's were actually tried and sentenced..and as much as I'd like to be able to point to that as an example of the system working..after exhaustingly reviewing the facts of the case..and the "evidence" used against them..I have to conclude that their ordeal was a travesty..committed in the name of "Political Correctness" to appease an angry mob..and had absolutey nothing to do with justice..

Finally..I personally maintain that those who swear an oath to uphold the law..should be held to a much higher standard of moral and ethical conduct..than the rest of us..and punishment..while being fair..needs to be swift..severe..and public..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top