JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All LEOS should not be lumped into the same category as a law-breaking LEO. But where in the heck is the outrage of these types of conduct (that happens hundreds of times each year) from the LEOS themselves? I rarely see them admit to wrong doing.

I can see why it happens. These men create quite a bond together - specifically in some of the more dangerous areas of this country. Now, I'm not condoning the behavior at all, just merely stating I can understand the loyalty. I think, as has already been mentioned, that unions do have a lot to do with the ability for those who make mistakes to 'get away' with it. The same thing happens with teachers all the time. Terrible teachers don't get fired for things that normal employees would because there are union rules that prevent it.

As for the question of "What to do?", the answer is certainly not to complain on an internet forum. If we want to see this man tried and convicted - which I think should come from a general firearm/personal responsibility position, not an anti-LEO position, which is the disposition of some one here - then calls must be made, letters must be written, and all must be done respectfully. Being a bully never gets you anywhere, especially when public sector unions are protecting those we are frustrated with.

Forgive me in advance..for the length of this.. First..I agree with those who are saying he deserves the same treatment as we should expect.. Sadly though..I think we've all seen enough examples over the years..to know that that will not happen.. The wagons have already been circled around this officer..to protect him..

Secondly..and not in any argumentative fashion..I challenge any of you jumping to his side..and the side of LEO's in the alarming number of these incidents that actually manage to make it to the news..before they can be swept under the rug.. Give us examples..H***..give us even ONE example..of where you've seen equal treatment of a LEO in any of these incidents of criminal behavior..

I've only been around for a month short of 60 years..but I can't honestly think of one..

I do recall..not too many years ago..a case where several LEO's were actually tried and sentenced..and as much as I'd like to be able to point to that as an example of the system working..after exhaustingly reviewing the facts of the case..and the "evidence" used against them..I have to conclude that their ordeal was a travesty..committed in the name of "Political Correctness" to appease an angry mob..and had absolutey nothing to do with justice..

Finally..I personally maintain that those who swear an oath to uphold the law..should be held to a much higher standard of moral and ethical conduct..than the rest of us..and punishment..while being fair..needs to be swift..severe..and public..

Both our State police certification board's and our local LEOs' oath of office require that officers be beyond reproach in both their professional and in their personal lives.

Doesn't happen.

We have to thank the unions for all this.............

This type of behavior is becoming more popular and nothing seems to be done but when a normal civi does watch out and you will go broke because the DA and police will be so far up your arsssss you will feel hopeless.............

I agree with you except for one thing. Cops are also "normal civilians"... They are, according to the rules of land warfare, noncombatants and therefore, civilians.

Those of us that are retired military, reserve or NG types, however, are legally combatants, and therefore, NOT civilians, even though we are not on active duty....

As for the question of "What to do?", the answer is certainly not to complain on an internet forum. I show others a story that I think they might have missed. That I think needs to be known. And yes complaining is one avenue that I often use when talking about bad LEOS and the covering up or double standards they expose to us. Anyone can read what I have said. It is not an anti-LEO position, it is an anti-bad-LEO position and fairness or the lack of. Being a bully never gets you anywhere, especially when public sector unions are protecting those we are frustrated with. I think you meant that the other way around. The citizens the bullies? I don't think so.

This is a forum about firearms, we talk(post or respond), complain, joke and laugh.

Howard

This is a forum about firearms, we talk(post or respond), complain, joke and laugh.

Howard

Absolutely! I totally agree, I was merely trying to put legs to the question of what to do about the situation. I like the discussions, but if we want to change things, then I actually have to do something, not just talk about it here :)

Absolutely! I totally agree, I was merely trying to put legs to the question of what to do about the situation. I like the discussions, but if we want to change things, then I actually have to do something, not just talk about it here :)

Glock.40 is right, unfortunately that something has to be directed at Sam. He has likely already instructed his aids how to handle the communications and has his own canned response ready.

I don't know what went on, and I won't try guess from the new release...I also do not trust the news reports.

Point I want to make is for everyone to remember: The first guy to call 911 wins in road rage problems. The other guy will always bee on the defensive.

I will guarantee the officer was not the first to call 911.

That the WSP let the off-duty officer retain his arm, and continue on his way, may have been a "professional" courtesy, it may have been partially, or there may have been enough question as to the validity of the complaint as to defer to further investigation.

I have personally had a (my) pistol stop a road rage problem, the guy jerked my door open and wanted to drg me out to fight,,,and my pistol never left it's holster. He say that Colt and decided he really wasn't that interested anymore. The incident may be something as simple as the office showed a holstered weapon.

Inocent until proven guilty in a court of law...if you will not allow that for the officer, how can you expect it for yourself.

Well here's one that will inspire even more confidence in local LE

ELMA MAN SUING GRAYS HARBOR SHERIFF
ELMA MAN SUING GRAYS HARBOR SHERIFF « KXRO Newsradio

One of the Deputies decided to coerce sex from another man by threatening to arrest him

Here are the court documents
http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/washington/wawdce/3:2011cv05673/178199/1/0.pdf

You just couldn't make this stuff up if you tried..

My broken record here. LE attracts the wrong type of person - someone attracted to power, the uniform, the car, lights, siren, gun, badge...

Not all cops are bad; it's just that I don't know a good one.

i must be lucky then, I have met several good ones...I've only run into a few bad apples

I think the difference is rural verses big city people. Rural cops have to live with the people they deal with. I don't know a bad cop in Okanogan County, doesn't mean there isn't any, but I have never encountered any. Consider, the city of Mt Vernon (not exactly a big city) has a larger population than this whole, very large, county. What town bully wants to live out here? His opportunities to be a bully would be limited.

BTW: forced sex is a "power" thing. You are degrading the object you are forcing and showing you are bigger, badder, and more powerful.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top