JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From The Guardian (12-27-2018)

Police struggle to stop flood of firearms into UK
Senior officer warns supply of guns has increased in the past year and will continue to do so in 2019

Police and border officials are struggling to stop a rising supply of illegal firearms being smuggled into Britain, a senior police chief has warned.

Chief constable Andy Cooke, the national police lead for serious and organised crime, said law enforcement had seen an increased supply of guns over the past year, and feared that it would continue in 2019.

The Guardian has learned that the situation is so serious that the National Crime Agency has taken the rare step of using its legal powers to direct every single police force to step up the fight against illegal guns.

If they can not stop the influx of illegal gun into the UK then how do the figure they will stop it here. We have a culture of guns, personal protection and a Second Amendment they do not.

Yes they do have a gun culture but it is so much more reserve and restricted compared to the US.

I thought that the Brits frowned upon such things, you know, cheerio pip pip and all.
The sad part is the citizens/subjects aren't allowed to fight back in any capacity if they are being perpetrated upon.
@tac...what say you? Give us the big picture on what's going on over there.

From The Guardian (12-27-2018)

Senior officer warns supply of guns has increased in the past year and will continue to do so in 2019

Police and border officials are struggling to stop a rising supply of illegal firearms being smuggled into Britain, a senior police chief has warned.

Chief constable Andy Cooke, the national police lead for serious and organised crime, said law enforcement had seen an increased supply of guns over the past year, and feared that it would continue in 2019.

The Guardian has learned that the situation is so serious that the National Crime Agency has taken the rare step of using its legal powers to direct every single police force to step up the fight against illegal guns.

If they can not stop the influx of illegal gun into the UK then how do the figure they will stop it here. We have a culture of guns, personal protection and a Second Amendment they do not.

Yes they do have a gun culture but it is so much more reserve and restricted compared to the US.

98% of all shooting are black shooting other blacks, druggees shooting other druggees, black druggees shooting other black druggees - all in big city environments with high unemployment and low expectations.....sound familiar?

Last Edited:
Just two things to say, look at who is London's mayor with his racial policies...

And, this is what happens to countries that don't properly regulate immigration...

I have to disagree with you here. Mr Khan might not be MY flavour of the month, but he was handed a poison chalice, and has not made too bad a job of dealing with it. His policies are NOT independent of Parliament, whose servant he is. Basically, he's like temporary bought-in driver of a bus - he can change the route, but not the direction. So far he has not tried to do either.

I thought that the Brits frowned upon such things, you know, cheerio pip pip and all.
The sad part is the citizens/subjects aren't allowed to fight back in any capacity if they are being perpetrated upon.
@tac...what say you? Give us the big picture on what's going on over there.

I've already responded to a similarly ill-researched post as this one several times, and TBH, it's getting tiresome, to say the least. Here in UK the law is quite clear. If somebody breaks into your house with the intention of robbing you and or doing you harm in the process, you CAN defend yourself with whatever you can find to do it with, because you are threatened and in fear for your life. What you cannot do, in law, is to lie in wait for somebody to break in and then pound he everlovin' carp out of them with a pry-bar that you just happen to be holding at the time - THAT show premeditation and is not lawful. Actually causing the death of somebody who breaks in to your house and offers you violence is NOT illegal, but will get you arrested for murder until it's cleared up in the analysis of the crime scene. So far this century, seven criminals have been killed in the commission of their crime, mostly with their own weapons turned against them. I offer you the opportunity to compare that, on a proportional basis, with the number of break-ins in the USA where the breaker-inner has either left the scene or been carried from it with more holes than he arrived with.

Break-ins in THIS country, as a whole, where the breaker-inner is armed with a firearm are astonishingly rare - in fact, I can't find a record of one this century - compare that with the USA - say, last week...

So basically, Mr Cigars, you are listening to, or reading very misleading information. 'Brits' are just like everybody else - the 'cheerio pip pip and all' that seems to amuse you all so much is total B*ll*cks. You have been watching too many Noel coward movies. Brits can and do defend themselves, often with fatal results for the BG.

And here is the skinny on the 'murder rate' -

So is it really true that London's murder rate is now higher than New York's?
Yes, but only if you look at the last two months – which some commentators think is way too short a time frame.

The Metropolitan Police has confirmed that it recorded 15 murders in February, while in the same month the New York Police Department (NYPD) recorded 11 killings.

In March London also had more murders, albeit by a very slim margin: 22 to New York's 21.

But as soon as you start to look beyond the relatively narrow confines of those two months, the statistics start to come out in London's favour.

The Met says there were 8 murders in London in January, which compares with 18 killings in New York during the first month of the year.

Taking into account two murders that have occurred in London in April, so far in London there have been 47 murders in London, compared to the higher running total of 50 in New York.

So were February and March 2018 just blips?
Possibly. While those two months may have been the first times in recent history that London had a higher homicide rate than New York, the year-on-year statistics are still firmly suggestive of the UK capital being the less murderous city.

There were 116 murders in London in 2017, fewer than half New York's annual total of 290.

The disparity seems even more marked if you look slightly further back, albeit with the caveat that the way the Met presented its data for these years does not allow comparison of exactly the same 12-month time periods.

In the calendar year of 2016 there were 334 murders in New York. In the financial year 2016-17 (1 April 2016 to 31 March 2017) there were 102 murders in London, suggesting – but not proving - that at that point the UK's capital's murder rate for any given 12-month period was less than a third of New York's.

Similarly, New York had 352 murders in the calendar year 2015, while London's Metropolitan Police recorded 109 homicides between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2016.

When reporting on The Sunday Times story, The Independent noted that London remains substantially the safer city overall.

So what is going on with these murder rates?
One way of looking at this is to see it not so much as London getting massively more violent, but rather New York achieving an astonishing drop in its murder rate.

The tally of 290 New York murders in 2017 – while still much higher than London's corresponding total – has been hailed in America as a hugely encouraging breakthrough. It is definitely the lowest annual murder total since comparable New York records began in 1994 and it is being reported as the city's lowest number of homicides since the end of the Second World War.

It is also indicative of the fact that since recording 2,245 murders in 1990 and 1,905 in 1989, the city has achieved great things in tackling violent crime – albeit that the precise reasons for the success are hotly debated.

London's recent history, meanwhile, has been mostly one of steady if unspectacular drops in the murder rate, from 181 homicides in 2005 to 155 in 2007 and 101 in 2013.

When the annual London murder total dropped to 93 in 2014, it was hailed as a great success, the first time since the 1960s that there had been fewer than 100 homicides in a year in the capital.

Since then, of course, London's annual murder totals have increased: from 93 in 2014 to 116 in 2017, a rise of nearly 25 per cent.

It's worth remembering, though, that if you look over a time frame of a decade, there were 25 per cent fewer murders in the capital in 2017 than in 2007.

So is there nothing for Londoners to worry about?
Sadly it's not that simple. The 2018 London figures highlighted by The Sunday Times might be an early warning sign that the capital is in for a historically bad year for murder.

There were 45 murders in London in the first three months of 2018. If that rate of killing continues, London will amass a total of 180 homicides in 2018, the kind of death toll not seen since the 181 deaths recorded in 2005.

And there are – admittedly highly tentative - signs that the killing rate is not abating. Since The Sunday Times first published its story there have been two more murders in London – the stabbing of a 20-year-old man in Wandsworth on Sunday and the shooting of 17-year-old Tanesha Melbourne in Tottenham on Monday.

What is also alarming is that the statistics seem to suggest that young [BLACK] people are being killed in increasing numbers, in a trend related to what looks like a spike in knife crime.

There have been 31 fatal stabbings in London so far this year, 30 of them in the first quarter. As The Independent has reported, that equates to a rate of a deadly stabbing in the capital every three days. It also puts London on course to record 120 fatal stabbings in 2018, a 50 per cent increase on the 80 deadly knifings that occurred in 2017.

And nine [BLACK] teenagers have been killed so far this year. In the first quarter of 2018 there were eight teenagers killed, at least six of them by stabbing - (the cause of death has yet to be established in the case of one teenager).

Those figures could be extrapolated to suggest that London is on course to record 32 teenagers killed in 2018, with 24 of them stabbed to death. This would compare with 26 teenagers killed and 20 teenagers stabbed in 2017.

And if it turns out that 24 teenagers have been stabbed to death by the end of 2018, it would be a return to the levels of 2008, when 23 teenagers were killed by a knife in the capital, and newspaper headlines spoke with alarm about a "knife crime epidemic".

It is, however, important to remember that extrapolating from three months of data to suggest what might happen over the next nine months is very far from being a foolproof, scientific method of prediction.

It could be that after a bad first three months of 2018, things improve over the next three quarters of the year.

So how worried about murder should I be in London and New York?
Probably a lot less worried than in other world cities.

Metropolitan Police spokespeople have again stated that "London remains one of the safest cities in the world" – and they probably have a point.

Read more
  • met-police-firearms-officer.jpg
    London murder rate overtakes New York for first time ever
  • newyork-murder2.jpg
    Murders hit record low in New York City
  • caracas.jpg
    The most violent cities in the world
London's annual murder totals are – so far – below those of New York.

And as New York reduces its murder rate, it can point to other US cities that seem to be far more violent.

New York's murder rate in 2017 was the lowest of the five largest cities in the US. Its 290 murders in 2017, for example, compared with 644 killings in the same year in Chicago - a city with less than a third of the Big Apple's population. Which meant that while New York's murder rate was just over 3.4 per 100,000 people, Chicago's was 23.8.

The contrast was even more marked in 2016. New York had 334 homicides, while Chicago recorded 762 killings, its highest murder total in 19 years. That worked out at 27.7 homicides per 100,000 residents – yet even that was far better than the murder rates of some cities in, and especially outside the US.

In 2016 The Independent reported that Detroit had 43.89 homicides per 100,000 residents. Caracas, Venezuela, had a murder rate of 119.87 per 100,000 people, while Cape Town, South Africa, had 65.53 killings per 100,000 and Salvador, Brazil 60.63 per 100,000.

I've already responded to a similarly ill-researched post as this one several times, and TBH, it's getting tiresome, to say the least. Here in UK the law is quite clear. If somebody breaks into your house with the intention of robbing you and or doing you harm in the process, you CAN defend yourself with whatever you can find to do it with, because you are threatened and in fear for your life. What you cannot do, in law, is to lie in wait for somebody to break in and then pound he everlovin' carp out of them with a pry-bar that you just happen to be holding at the time - THAT show premeditation and is not lawful. Actually causing the death of somebody who breaks in to your house and offers you violence is NOT illegal, but will get you arrested for murder until it's cleared up in the analysis of the crime scene. So far this century, seven criminals have been killed in the commission of their crime, mostly with their own weapons turned against them. I offer you the opportunity to compare that, on a proportional basis, with the number of break-ins in the USA where the breaker-inner has either left the scene or been carried from it with more holes than he arrived with.

Break-ins in THIS country, as a whole, where the breaker-inner is armed with a firearm are astonishingly rare - in fact, I can't find a record of one this century - compare that with the USA - say, last week...

So basically, Mr Cigars, you are listening to, or reading very misleading information. 'Brits' are just like everybody else - the 'cheerio pip pip and all' that seems to amuse you all so much is total B*ll*cks. You have been watching too many Noel coward movies. Brits can and do defend themselves, often with fatal results for the BG.
Thank you for this. It can be hard to sift through the conspiracy theories and polemical lies compared to some objective truth. Hope you're feeling better.

Thanks, GB, I'm feeling a whole lot better. Having friends rooting for you surely does make a whole lot of difference. I now look like a man who has had an operation, not like one who is halfway through one!

98% of all shooting are black shooting other blacks, druggees shooting other druggees, black druggees shooting other black druggees - all in big city environments with high unemployment and low expectations.....sound familiar?

We have the same here.

But somehow when reported. It always has something to do with ''Turning one's life around''? :s0153:

See what happens when I "ASSume"? Thanks for the course correction. Good article. Still seems like the burden of proof is placed largely on the homeowners though. But it's comparable to here and I suppose it depends on the prosecutors and how much coffee they've had along with their political leaninings.

I have to say that trying to explain what you are doing at 1am in a house occupied by a couple of seventy-year olds, having somehow 'fallen in' as you walked by might be difficult. Most judges see it the way that the homeowners tell it, I hafta say. Besides, getting into the average house over here without insider help is not as easy as it is in much of the USA - I can literally walk into the homes of any of our friends in the USA, calling out as I do so, of course. Such behaviour is completely foreign in most of the yUK except in the Western Highlands of Scotland and perhaps rural part of The Dales and Cumbria. However, walking into THIS -

Shotgun-choke.jpg

is a LOT more likely.

Have you actually thought about how to break into a house here in yUK, with our double or triple glazing and seven-lever deadbolt doors that lock into the door frame when closed? Quietly?

Take a look -

@tac
since we are ripping on each other. :) How in the world do you guys eat this every day for breakfast and live past 30? And what is that black thing? is that blood sausage? Probably all vampires over there. Makes sense since the sun is never out.

:D

letterbox_resizeimage593x426xA6SozL86Xx.jpg

@tac
since we are ripping on each other. :) How in the world do you guys eat this every day for breakfast and live past 30? And what is that black thing? is that blood sausage? Probably all vampires over there. Makes sense since the sun is never out.

:D
Over there, they're not filled with pesticides, hormones, or GMOs - all the stuff that makes the sludge coagulate.

Well, Sir, I'm 73 next birthday, and although my memory is not what it used to be, I don't rightly recall ever eating a breakfast like that in my life. The 'blood sausage' BTW, is called 'black pudding' here, and that, the bacon and the sausage are not kosher.

Eating stuff like that is the food of truckers and industrial workers, not 99% of the rest of the UK - the food you get in wayside truckstops, such as they are here.

TBH, I seen guys in Denny's putting away twice as much as that, and BTW, and have you ever watched 'Man Versus Food' or 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives'? There is NOTHING like that over here - it's a 'murcan thang.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top