JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have seen this plenty of times, but it never gets old. I thought I'd post it for those who haven't seen it. It's been out for a couple of years now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvlUcPmayPQ

I hope I would have as much restraint as he showed.

Neither of them are very good fighters.

The cops is a bad fighter, and the drugged up guy is even worse. Look how he had the cop in an extremely vulnerable position, and he does nothing. When he's bent over like that, it's easy to hit them on the back of the head. But Im glad he didn't anyways lol

My girlfriend and i just watched it and thought the same thing. Was wondering though how is that beyond the call of duty isnt that the exact call to take down threats. I would assume If a someone was video taping that situation and the cop walked away from the fight and the guy he would get in trouble or let go but apparently not if staying to take down the suspect is beyond the call. Just a weird thought but mayb im wrong.

How hard would it have been for someone....anyone...to stop and give that cop a hand?

Even a small person or a female could have gotten in behind the perp and kicked him, pulled his hair, tripped him up, whacked him with a purse/umbrella/briefcase, or somehow distracted and harassed the guy enough to give that cop a chance. Just the knowledge that he wasn't "all alone" against the perp might have been a big boost for that officer.

Its easy to sit behind a keyboard and talk bravely about "what I would have done"....but I know for certain that I would have stopped and assisted that officer to the best of my ability. At the very least I would have been an extras set of hands in case the perp tried to grab the officer's weapon, or a credible witness to testify in court.

I work with active and retired members of the force (different branches) and these men are the most selfless dedicated HEROS I have had the priveledge of knowing. Granted some have character issues as all people do. I bring this up because I had a conversation with a retired police lieutenant a few days ago about the hazards and requirments of the job. He told me that everyday without exception he was at the hospital visiting one of his men..........it doesnt sound like much, but let that sink in. EVERYDAY.

While I think that, the cop may not be the best fighter (how many times did the perps hands settle on his gun belt, made me hold my breath.) I cannot sit behind my screen and criticize his actions or the actions of the civilians around him. In my experience with police, they DO NOT want you to become involved. The officer may have been saying "STAY BACK" That is the repsonsible thing to do, his duty is to PROTECT us. He did a damn fine job if you ask me. As a civilian I would not step in untill the officer began requesting help, this man is trained to do something, you are not, YOU WILL LIKELY be in the way. There are excepetions to this, but for you own saftey DO NOT run to assist a police officer. You are not only endangering your life but his.........I think i broke my soap box.....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top