JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mountainbear, I completely agree with your point concerning dr's. I have lost a couple of loved ones to what I would call malpractice. A big difference is that going to the dr. is voluntary. If you don't like that dr. you go to a different one. You don't get that option when you have red and blue lights flashing and they inject themselves into your life.

Ahh, but you do have a choice. Its in the Miranda Rights people are read before they are detained. You have the right to remain silent. You can choose to either obey an order you feel is unlawful and fight when it is appropriate and get those who abuse their positions removed from their office, and hopefully they will be removed (trust me, no one hates a dirty cop more than an honest one).

Likewise, you have the right to choose to disobey an officer, in which case you will more than likely be a first-hand witness to escalation on the use of force scale. That seems to be how most of these stories get the publicity. In which case both parties are to blame and deserve the ridicule they seem to get on these boards...

Ahh, but you do have a choice. Its in the Miranda Rights people are read before they are detained. You have the right to remain silent. You can choose to either obey an order you feel is unlawful and fight when it is appropriate and get those who abuse their positions removed from their office, and hopefully they will be removed (trust me, no one hates a dirty cop more than an honest one).

Likewise, you have the right to choose to disobey an officer, in which case you will more than likely be a first-hand witness to escalation on the use of force scale. That seems to be how most of these stories get the publicity. In which case both parties are to blame and deserve the ridicule they seem to get on these boards...

LOL. That isn't much of a choice mountainbear. Most people can't afford the legal representation it takes to come out of court in once piece. Go into a court and try using your word against the officers and see where that get's you.

The court scenario of course makes the assumption that the cop didn't shoot you before you were taken in. That is what we are talking about here. People that may not have the chance to fight things at a later date because they were shot.

Most people who the police shoot I am sure had it coming. I am by no means saying that all cops just run around and use civilians for target practice. I am talking about the few bad ones out there. That is it.

LOL. That isn't much of a choice mountainbear. Most people can't afford the legal representation it takes to come out of court in once piece. Go into a court and try using your word against the officers and see where that get's you.

The court scenario of course makes the assumption that the cop didn't shoot you before you were taken in. That is what we are talking about here. People that may not have the chance to fight things at a later date because they were shot.

Most people who the police shoot I am sure had it coming. I am by no means saying that all cops just run around and use civilians for target practice. I am talking about the few bad ones out there. That is it.

The same thing that tends to condemn the cops everyone seems to rip on is the same thing that will defend civilians in court. It does not take a Harvard lawyer to prosecute an officer caught acting unethically on 16 different cell-phone cameras.

The fact of the matter is that generally in a police shooting, the suspect generally has an opportunity to comply with directions before use of force is escalated. The problem is most of us tend to buck authority by nature when we feel we are being wronged. It takes an effort for us to disregard our instinct to fight back, which is probably the safest means through the situation...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top