JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The last video is pretty telling.

Better video.

I don't know how anyone can see that and still support those officers. Now if the man had a bucket of rocks? Are we missing the pre-school class on the field trip just off camera?

Good God, I just watched it again! The man is facing them, hands out. Just WTH is the threat there? Are another 5 seconds to command "get on the ground" out of the question?

looked like assassination to me, but then again with the new ruling cops only need to "think" a crime is being committed, they probably "thought" he was going to murder casper the ghost so its a good shoot

Better video.

Holy Cow!

OK, I will resist the urge to play Monday Morning Quarterback. I wasn't there, blah, blah, blah.

There will be an inquest (Coroner) and there will be an independent investigation (usually Washington State Patrol), and there will probably be a federal investigation (U.S. Justice Dept---here comes Eric Holder, folks), and finally, there will likely be a Grand Jury sat to consider the evidence. In summary, there will likely be 4 bites at this apple to determine malfeasance.

In the meantime, this MMQB calls foul. Clearly unarmed, clearly had his hands in the air. 3 armed LEOs, with firearms drawn. This will be hard to explain to a jury. $0.02 from me.

...a record check revealed that police had responded to an incident last year in which Zambrano-Montes is alleged to have been hitting cars with a broom. When cops approached him, the network reported, Zambrano-Montes apparently began throwing items at the officers, including a rocking chair, and then tried to take one of their guns. He was ultimately hospitalized and treated for methamphetamine use.

May the shutting up of the cop bashing begin...

*sigh*

I guess he was just signing when he was pulling out the TASER probes out of his arm?

For the record, I support Pasco PD on this one. A rock (depending on the size) can do some serious damage.

There were 6 or 7 cops present there though. Throwing rocks is not a capital offense. It may be deemed a felony if it injures someone but not quite the means to issue a death sentence.
I support LE overall, and in many cases they are justified in using deadly force. In this one they were not justified, although I am sure they will be found to be, as it is becoming the trend up there. No guilt by LE regardless is a wrong course to take also.

quote: May the shutting up of the cop bashing begin...

thats our complaint the bashing is always one sided .... now its our turn as meaningless as it is...
should we all roll over till everyone is killed

The cops hate it when a perp makes them look like fools by not complying to their demands.
On the other hand law abiding citizens normally comply but the thugs are testing the LEO's resolve.

seems everyone is a perp that doesnt fit in their little neat box, its more than thugs being murdered ....this isnt just my opinion, 1/2 the country was shut down from protesting CITIZENS fed up, granted I maybe a little touchier than most because Im rousted by the man all the time, get on my bike ....they flash the lights....long hair bearded with tattoos...profiled like a black male...ya there is no pattern.
doesnt matter im retired paid my taxes my whole life..never been arrested ..I feel the black peoples pain too....anyone that wants to be a cop or politician shouldnt be allowed....I question your motivation

I'll wait for the final investigation to be complete. Lots of video to analyze. Does anybody else see the object falling from the guy's hands after the police shot after he turned and brought his hands up to the officers?
Maybe a rock or maybe something more? When he turns it sure looks like he is bringing up his hands in a classic two-handed grip.

What does graphic video of Pasco police shooting tell?

Today's Seattle Times coverage of the aftermath of Tuesday's fatal shooting of an unarmed Hispanic man in Pasco, which was captured clearly on a graphic video that has gone viral on YouTube, may tell different stories, depending upon one's political perspective towards police and the use of force.

<broken link removed>

Ya know, I have always respected the job that officers do. Walking around with a target on your back is a stressful job....

I don't think anybody believes LEO have a target on their backs apart from those few LEO who act so paranoid that they shoot dead any citizens who doesn't comply instantly to their commands..... and sometimes even before that (no command, just shoot 'em all and let the videos, if they're caught on video, sort them out).

Murdered.

All involved life in prison for murder. Toss the key.

No blue line to hide behind. Civilians have it on video. Looks clear to me. True hands up, then bam! Murdered.

As I said before I'll wait for the investigation, but I'm just floored how folks on this thread have rushed to judgment. Isn't that what we complain about the gun control folks? Come on guys! They may very well have screwed up monumentally, but let's give the process a chance to play out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top