JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
His body cam didn't do much justice, but you see him run with a full varsity jacket, and when he goes down it's off. Statement from the pursuing officer was he removed his jacket and pulled out a gun with a CA unregistered magazine.
At 0:33, you see him drop his jacket. At 0:35, you see the perp's arm swing with what looks like a pistol in his RH.
Considering the perp was running past two women standing on the side when the LE fired the first two shots, that's a ballsy and very risky take-down.

My thoughts, worth nothing:
  • Risky as hell but what are you going to do, let the guy go and take someone hostage?
  • If I were in the chain of command in the department, 2nd LE would be summarily dismissed. You don't go into harm's way without a working radio, and if your partner/fellow officer is in a conflict, you assist. Failing on both, you're useless. Bye bye.
  • Asking if the guy was all right is senseless -- I counted 5 shots.
  • The crowd amazed me at their boldness and lack of order. Pepper spray. People and their forking phones.
  • The backup showed up completely unaware of the scenario and acted like they were there to give grief counseling.
  • The politician who stated, "It doesn't look good" is an idiot. I hope he pepper sprays himself for his next campaign video.

SFPD seemed very ill-prepared to deal with this situation. Broken radio guy should have started dispersing the crowd. With bear spray. Or bear spray gel. Very effective. I think it was a good shoot. The officer in pursuit had seen a gun. During a pursuit, how close do you think the perp will let the officer get before he turns and fires?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top